Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiar's Plastic and Vinyl Coating aerosol

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 08:19 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,234 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Default Meguiar's Plastic and Vinyl Coating aerosol

I have always used some type of protectant on my fender liners, but usually ended up using the same product I happen to be applying to my tires. It was always a short-term solution, darkened the plastic, but looked streaky and didn't last long.

Well, I forgot that I had received a can of Meguiars D4510 Plastic and Vinyl Coating a few weeks ago when I took advantage of an Autogeek sale. I gave it a try today, and call me impressed! The nozzle is adjustable and sprays a flat, precise spray pattern on the lowest setting. No wiping, no dripping, no applicator pad needed. Literally took me 5 seconds per wheel well to make them a rich satin black! I don't have fender cove screens, so my cove liners looked dry and grey. One quick blast of this aerosol made them perfect! I had a hint of overspray doing the coves, but it wiped dry and clean with a microfiber. I ended up coating the front spoiler as well. I highly recommend this stuff. This will be my absolute go-to from now on.

I see that Autogeek has it on sale right now for about $10 per can. I am grabbing a couple more!
Attached Images     
Old 06-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

Wow...that really worked well, better than Black to Black it seems.
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 01:07 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,234 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
Wow...that really worked well, better than Black to Black it seems.
I like it better than Back to Black. I have no idea how durable it is, but it is SO bloody easy to re-apply that I don't care. 5 seconds per fender is all it takes. That beats the hell out of trying to squeeze an applicator in there and hand-apply a liquid protectant. I would be perfectly happy with having to re-spray the fender liners after every wash.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiar's Plastic and Vinyl Coating aerosol

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Plastic and Vinyl Coating aerosol