Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic coating version of Zaino Z6??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Ceramic coating version of Zaino Z6??

I had a little issue in my newest coating project. I had to leave for a day and get some personal crap done. Car sat in garage for about 36 hours after first coat of Myabi. Now, if this was Zaino, I would just hit the surface with Z6 and continue on with my coating process.......HOWEVER, I don't know of a product specifically used between coats of Ceramic. I guess it is supposed to be another wipe down with Gyeon Prep or similar, but thought I would ask. Yep, car is still sitting, as I want to get this right. May just wash it and go the prep route--next layer of Myabi.

Thank you. All your help has turned 3 of my cars into ceramic coated, easy maint, beauties. Glad I finally made the switch to coatings.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:22 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Ran into the same thing first time i used Kamikaze in 10/2016. Got 2 of Miyabi down but ran outta time and couldn't get to the ISM until 24 or so hours later. Light wipedown with Prep, mostly just to remove light dust, then on to ISM.

20 months later, no ill effects, still going strong.
The following users liked this post:
WhiteDiamond (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 01:27 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I will gently disagree with BudgetPlan1, while that method works, I feel Gyeon Prep has a very slight tendency to dull the coating surface. Probably not noticeable, but doing coatings on a daily basis I do see it. What we do, if this happens, and it has as customers have come in and said they need the car right now. We have not finished it, but have no choice but to release it with an understanding it has to come back in to finish.
We use Feynlab Wash, or Gyeon Bathe 2, you should have it in your arsenal anyway, to wash it and continue the coating process - I personally prefer Feynlab's Wash as it contains the right stuff to ensure a quality install.
Feynlab Wash
Gyeon Q2M Bathe

The following users liked this post:
WhiteDiamond (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 11:14 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
I will gently disagree with BudgetPlan1, while that method works, I feel Gyeon Prep has a very slight tendency to dull the coating surface. Probably not noticeable, but doing coatings on a daily basis I do see it. What we do, if this happens, and it has as customers have come in and said they need the car right now. We have not finished it, but have no choice but to release it with an understanding it has to come back in to finish.
We use Feynlab Wash, or Gyeon Bathe 2, you should have it in your arsenal anyway, to wash it and continue the coating process - I personally prefer Feynlab's Wash as it contains the right stuff to ensure a quality install.
Feynlab Wash
Gyeon Q2M Bathe
I was speaking with BudgetPlan1 through PM as I am having a problem with Gyeon Prep that may be somewhat similar to what your are talking about. I have found the Gyeon Prep, in my use, has had the ability to micro-mar/haze the surface. Now, these are surfaces that have not been coated with any product, but had finished full polish out to allow for a coating/polymer application. It has been very disappointing to wipe with the Gyeon Prep on 2 different vehicles only to find micro-hazing in the finish once wiped. I have also noticed the towels that I used for the Gyeon Prep wipe seemed to stiffen as they sat out. I decided to toss all of those towels and have not tried Gyeon in large scale since. I did try a small section on my Kamikaze Myabi/ISM coated Corvette to see what was happening, but the finish was not hazed in anyway from the test(same brand towel, same batch so to speak, and Prep).

I appreciate the info from both of you. I ended up finding some marks in the roof just after the windshield that I somehow missed. I only have 1 layer of Myabi on this vehicle at this time, but the roof portion is being compounded off today. Going to get those marks gone, as the rest of the car looks FANTASTIC!!! This, particular, car has given me fits in trying to get coated and I think it is a combination of the Prep issue I have and it being a metallic paint Audi..........Certain Audi paints(few other brands too) give me heart issues......hahaha
Old 06-24-2018, 11:44 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I see a ton about Kamikaze Myabi/ISM, how is the glass effect and gloss? I plan on possibly grabbing some ISM as a topper for a glass-like effect. I heard Feynlabs is great as well, not sure about their Top Coat though. I have used a few coatings but I want that glass look. IGL Kenzo is the top of the line I offer, it looks downright crazy to me but I see other shops with a huge glass effect. Glasslife Atlanta has a topper that looks like a straight layer of glass and they are hard to compete with. I want my own topper that looks crazy, sorry to derail the thread a tad, I figured you guys would know.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I
I appreciate the info from both of you. I ended up finding some marks in the roof just after the windshield that I somehow missed. I only have 1 layer of Myabi on this vehicle at this time, but the roof portion is being compounded off today. Going to get those marks gone, as the rest of the car looks FANTASTIC!!! This, particular, car has given me fits in trying to get coated and I think it is a combination of the Prep issue I have and it being a metallic paint Audi..........Certain Audi paints(few other brands too) give me heart issues......hahaha
I am a big fan of Kamikaze products. I have a car that has Ceramic Pro down the middle, Kamakize Miyabe with a topcoat of ISM on the right side and Gyeon on the left side. By leaps and bounds Kamaikaze has a much higher gloss and brings out a little of the metallics. Great product. Ceramic Pro had a nice gloss and great protection, but did not give me the WOW factor, Gyeon , not even close on gloss or protection.
Having said that Feynlab products truly bring out what the paint manufacturer was trying to do.
In my shop I have a Zaino combo that makes paint just stand out and brings the WOW!! factor beyond anything I have ever seen from anyone else. Miyabe and ISM are very close to doing that,
Old 06-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
I am a big fan of Kamikaze products. I have a car that has Ceramic Pro down the middle, Kamakize Miyabe with a topcoat of ISM on the right side and Gyeon on the left side. By leaps and bounds Kamaikaze has a much higher gloss and brings out a little of the metallics. Great product. Ceramic Pro had a nice gloss and great protection, but did not give me the WOW factor, Gyeon , not even close on gloss or protection.
Having said that Feynlab products truly bring out what the paint manufacturer was trying to do.
In my shop I have a Zaino combo that makes paint just stand out and brings the WOW!! factor beyond anything I have ever seen from anyone else. Miyabe and ISM are very close to doing that,
Awesome, I would like to do something similar with my C6Z. Which Feynlab products are the ones you like? I know I can grab ISM easily. I am really wanting to see them all side-by side with Kenzo for testing purposes.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Innovate

Awesome, I would like to do something similar with my C6Z. Which Feynlab products are the ones you like? I know I can grab ISM easily. I am really wanting to see them all side-by side with Kenzo for testing purposes.
Sorry been in the Detroit area on vacation, then I got an offer on my detailing shop I could not refuse, so I have been dealing with that. I have been using all of the Feynlab products, but Heal Lite, is a true winner. I did a Black Benz that was a mess. The customer was not willing to pay for paint correction. I was not willing to put my name on it that way, so I donated some time to clean up the big stuff, but it still had a lot of fine scratches. Put a pretty thick coat of Heal Lite on it, put it out in the sun to look at it, then got busy. When the customer came in to pick up the car, I was shocked, A lot of the scratches had disappeared and the metal in the paint just popped!!!. There were still scratches there but it had vastly improved. Their leveling aid is simply awesome and can be used with any product, but absolutely necessary with all of their products but Ceramic Lite, especially with the warmer weather. It ensures perfect results, everytime. Having said that I believe you have to be a certified installer, for many of their products.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic coating version of Zaino Z6??

Quick Reply: Ceramic coating version of Zaino Z6??