Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Recommeded Buffer Pads for Pinnacle Jeweling Polish

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:03 AM
camburger
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Recommeded Buffer Pads for Pinnacle Jeweling Polish

My Paint is pretty nice. I bought a bottle of the Pinnacle Jeweling Polish. I plan to use my Mothers Wax Attack Buffer to apply it in pursuit of making it even nicer. My question is are the pads that came with the buffer kit suitable for this application? If not please recommend one that would be better to use on that buffer. Thanks.

Bob
Old 07-04-2018, 11:40 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Can you tell us what pads came with your buffer. Most likely they are not professional grade pads. You may want to contact Autogeek and ask them what they recommend.

I have had great results with the Lake Country Gold CCS pad or the blue pad. both work very well with a 5.5 inch DA . Autogeek has them.

Last edited by cmonkey713; 07-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:40 PM
camburger
Pro

Hopefully someone with Autogeek will see this, and be familiar with the pads that came with that particular buffer, and can then give a recommendation for use with the Pinnacle Jeweling Polish in particular. I can't say what kind of pads came with it...there black foam is all I can tell you.
Bob
Old 07-05-2018, 03:59 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by camburger
Hopefully someone with Autogeek will see this, and be familiar with the pads that came with that particular buffer, and can then give a recommendation for use with the Pinnacle Jeweling Polish in particular. I can't say what kind of pads came with it...there black foam is all I can tell you.
Bob
Very unlikely Autogeek will see this, since Autogeek has sold they do not actively post on this forum. Just give them a call, don't email call them.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:19 PM
camburger
Pro

Originally Posted by cmonkey713

Very unlikely Autogeek will see this, since Autogeek has sold they do not actively post on this forum. Just give them a call, don't email call them.
Ahh okay...did not know that. Thank you.
Bob
Old 07-06-2018, 01:33 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Let me dive in, it is not the buffer that needs a specific pad, but the product you are using does. While I have not used Pinnacle Jeweling in my shop, a Rupes White Pad should do exactly what you are looking for. When I do a car that needs jeweling the Rupes White Pad is my go to.
While the marketing propaganda says it is best with their products, I have used it with Sonax Fine and Zaino's ZPC and had incredible results, especially on Black cars.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax?
from the Autogeek web site:
Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax produces best results with a polishing or all-in-one foam pad. Apply several dime-sized drops of product onto your polishing pad. With the machine turned off, spread the product over a 2x2 sq. ft. area. Using moderate pressure, work the product over the area in overlapping passes. Slower passes increase ability to remove imperfections. Repeat if necessary. Buff off excess product with a soft microfiber buffing towel.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:16 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,235 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
When I do a car that needs jeweling the Rupes White Pad is my go to.
What density/color foam pad from Lake Country or Buff & Shine would the Rupes white pad correlate to most closely? I want to do some very fine jeweling to my car this weekend, and was going to use a blue B&S flat foam polishing pad with my pad-dependent Poorboy's World Pro Polish. Would that be a good choice, or should I step up to a green polishing pad or down to a black finishing pad?

I am pretty new to the detailing game, and the endless polish/pad combos can make my head spin. LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Recommeded Buffer Pads for Pinnacle Jeweling Polish

Quick Reply: Recommeded Buffer Pads for Pinnacle Jeweling Polish