Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What's the best wheel cleaner safe for gloss black wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:45 PM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 165 Posts

Default What's the best wheel cleaner safe for gloss black wheels?

Just wondering what to use off the shelf. Have new gloss black rims/tires and at the pressure wand wash car wash I find that soap and water don't get the wheels pure clean. So my microfiber towels are still getting black upon drying. I have stuff that works great when I don't wanna wash my Z (stock brake pads) and just detail it but I'm talking about spray wheel cleaners. Thanks for any replies.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:23 AM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

I like Super Clean All Wheel Cleaner and Meguires Ultimate Wheel Cleaner. IMO, no spray-on wheel cleaner will eliminate the requirement to use a wheel brush to agitate as part of the removal process. You'd probably fine just adding wheel brush to your current soap and water routine.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:00 AM
SoFloVette
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

All wheel cleaners scare me. Some luke warm water, and griots pink soap. Hit it with the electric pressure washer and I'm good to go. Key is to stay on top of them and not let the dirt sit for a long period of time. I typically rinse and wash them twice a week

Last edited by SoFloVette; 07-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:24 AM
808_Vette
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I use Klasse Wheel Cleaner, P21S also works well. Then is use my cordless blower to get most of the water off followed by a wipe with a high quality microfiber.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:08 PM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 165 Posts

So pretty much anything NASA would approve of then. Lol... I found some organic safe all surface wheel cleaner for 8 bucks a bottle. Worked great this morning. Just sprayed on b4 I drove slowly 1 minute to my carwash. Yes you do need a soft foam brush to get into the lug nuts area but this stuff worked great. No harsh chemicals in it. Non acidic is the key.

Last edited by REDZED2; 07-19-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To What's the best wheel cleaner safe for gloss black wheels?

Quick Reply: What's the best wheel cleaner safe for gloss black wheels?