Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic and rain spots?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by braveheart3158
Found it on Amazon and then looked at CarPro Spotless. The car pro has better reviews. Have you tried both? My water spots would not come out with distilled water mixed with vinegar so I am guessing they are baked in. Luckily I only have a few spots.
I have not had a chance to try CarPro, as I have a 55 gallon drum of Gyeon.... kidding of course, but knowing waterspots were an issue with Ceramics, I bought the large bottle, and even in my shop it was rare, so I have only used a few ounces of it.
Since I sold the business, I am thinking that bottle will last me into the next century, , but then at my age my grandchildren will be using it
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Steve@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Knock on wood, I've yet to have a problem with my '07 and getting water spots. I coated mine with Cquartz UK last winter and wipe it down with Reload every other wash. I've had to leave it outside the last few months because my '79 gets the garage and I lost the other place where I stored it. It has been rained on and then sat in the hot sun without issue. Perhaps I'm just lucky being up here in western NY compared to the rain in other parts of the country.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:02 PM
braveheart3158
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I am on Long Island NY. The CarPro will arrive tomorrow. Will post the results. Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Drive_Sell_Win
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by braveheart3158
So after having Ceramic Pro and Clear Bra installed. I left my car our of the garage for one night by mistake, my sprinklers hit the hood and rear corner during the night. Next day the water dried and left some water spots. I contacted ceramic pro company on FB for suggestions. They recommended a vinegar water solution. It did not work.
I understand that the ceramic pro is not supposed to be polished. What can I do?
Considering buying ceramic pro. is this common?!!! Thought the whole point was that it doesn't leave water spots like that.

Quick Reply: Ceramic and rain spots?