Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adam's VS Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 02:24 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

Default Adam's VS Zaino

Hey guys I am looking for people with real world experience with both product lines. I have been a avid Zaino user for about 10 years now and have always been impressed and happy with the outcome of a polished car. As well as the longevity of the polish on the car. That being said I am almost out of my Zaino products and am thinking about giving Adam's a try instead. I would like to hear people's opinions on both products to help me make a decision. Also I am thinking Adam's may be easier to apply and maintain. If I made the change what products would everyone recommend me starting with? My car is black so care is needed to avoid scratches and swirls. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-19-2018, 02:30 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Also I feel like there have probably been so improvements in waxes and polishes technology than Zaino hasnt evolved to. Another reason I am considering changing over.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:37 PM
JimmyS5600
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

As nice as your car looks,why switch?

Jimmy
Old 08-19-2018, 05:55 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,226 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyS5600
"I am thinking Adam's may be easier to apply and maintain."
The following users liked this post:
bluman (01-17-2019)
Old 08-19-2018, 06:04 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JimmyS5600

Jimmy
thanks for the compliment. I am mainly asking because I know technology has evolved since I started using Zaino and it hasnt changed at all. I mean it works great so why change it I guess. Just looking for peoples opinions before I drop a few hundred dollars on more product.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:10 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,226 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by 03BlkZ
If I made the change what products would everyone recommend me starting with?
I currently use quite a few Adam's products. Assuming your finish does need any correction, you will obviously just need good maintenance products. A killer combo that would provide good protection and a deep wet-look gloss would be Adam's Paint Sealant, followed by Adam's Buttery Wax. I am a big fan of Adam's Brilliant Glaze, so that would be an optional step before applying the sealant if you really want the paint to look wet. The Paint Sealant will be pretty durable, but the Buttery Wax on top will be the sacrificial layer. It doesn't last very long, but is super-easy to apply and remove. I have no problem re-applying it often throughout the year.

Adam's Detail Spray is an awesome product, too. It has what I consider the BEST scent of all my detailing products. Like, strawberries mixed with roses. It works like any other detail spray, but it does contain some wax, so I recommend applying it in the shade. It can be a little streaky on dark paints, so I use a two-towel method. Spray it directly on the panels, spread it out with one towel and finish buff dry with another towel.

Pretty much all their stuff is good. I do like their soaps, but I personally have switched to other brands due to cost. I mean, it is soap. As long as it cleans my paint and provides a lot of lubricity, I am happy. I buy soap by the gallon from other suppliers.
AZGASSER (09-26-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 06:42 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I have lotsa experience with Adams products but none with Zaino, I obviously like Adams, so who knows?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:35 AM
ki-speed
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

I've been detailing cars for20+ years and have used many products. I started using Zanio on my own vehicles about 15 years ago. I still haven't found anything that lasts / protects as long as Zanio.. I love how Zanio is not a wax and I don't have all that powdery residue that wax products leave.

I'm staying with Zaino.

Mark
The following 3 users liked this post by ki-speed:
69er (09-14-2018), jh61408 (09-04-2019), Raycuda (08-28-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Adam's makes a fine array of products, for sure. I have tried most of them and especially liked their buttery wax., their quick detailer spray, tire shine and waffle weave drying towels. I remain a long time Zaino user. Not much easier than applying Clear Sealant. A clean, well prepped car can be done in about 5 minutes, with no buffing required. Follow up with Z8 Grand Finale or a great product like Kennotek showroom shine QD and the paint really pops with minimal effort. Your car looks great.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:24 AM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Don't know the difference between the two, but I prefer Kenotec over the Adam's DS. Kenotec is the best I've ever used. Very easy wipe off over the other brands I've used through the years. I have two black cars and the Kenotec makes black look insane.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

I have used Zaino and Adams. Both are great products, however, over the years I have moved away from both. The last Zaino product I used was Clear Seal. It is an amazing product and the tiny bottle I had lasted forever since you only need to use very little. I good combo I was using for a while was Adam’s polish topped with Zaino Clear Seal. You can see some results pictures here.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-the-c6.html

These days I have been using (and loving) the Meguiar's Ultimate line of products. Super easy to use, great results and if I run low I can just swing by the local store and pick some up.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:46 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I have moved away from Zaino because I was looking for a softer shine. Zaino although excellent and once established was easy to apply was always a very hard reflection. Adams make a fine line of products. Zaino hasnt evolved because its been advanced all along....it always comes down to what you want.....

Clif
Old 08-20-2018, 09:55 PM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been using Zaino for over 10 years and absolutely love it. Although I have never used Adams I hear it is an outstanding product and would not hesitate to use it. A few years ago, I got the bug to try a different product. So I blocked off half my quarter panel and did half with Zaino and half with the other product. I then stepped back and compared both reflections...I liked Zaino and have stuck with it. Maybe you should do the same and see which one you like better?
Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I will probably just stick to the Zaino since that's what I already know. Thanks to all for your experience, opinions and knowledge!
jh61408 (09-04-2019)
Old 08-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I will probably just stick to the Zaino since that's what I already know. Thanks to all for your experience, opinions and knowledge!
ZCS and Z8 are hard to beat after a two step car polish with a Flex or PC with the proper pads...
Old 08-21-2018, 07:56 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

I am a detailing junkie and have tried numerous products over the years but nothing beats Zaino for me.

BIGMAC
69er (10-10-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

While the Zaino look is certainly distinctive and lasts for quite a bit, I found the protection it offered is sorely lacking, especially in comparison to other products available today. Our black C5 was always covered in multiple coats of Zaino (ZAO, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z8, CS, etc) and bird bombs needed near instant attention to avoid etching. Somewhere along the line waterspots etched the paint despite it being literally buried in Zaino. For a non-everyday driver, if you like the look, then it's good stuff but protection wise, not so much. Self cleaning was pretty much non-existent as well; car got rained on, car needed washing.

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 08-21-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Adam's VS Zaino

Old 08-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
While the Zaino look is certainly distinctive and lasts for quite a bit, I found the protection it offered is sorely lacking, especially in comparison to other products available today. Our black C5 was always covered in multiple coats of Zaino (ZAO, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z8, CS, etc) and bird bombs needed near instant attention to avoid etching. Somewhere along the line waterspots etched the paint despite it being literally buried in Zaino. For a non-everyday driver, if you like the look, then it's good stuff but protection wise, not so much. Self cleaning was pretty much non-existent as well; car got rained on, car needed washing.
Black cars are the worst to keep looking top notch.....

An absolute curse.....

White or yellow cars need 2% of the care a black car requires with any products....

Old 08-22-2018, 12:34 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Always looking for ways to keep black cars cleaner. Moved to coatings (paint, wheels, tires, trim and glass) and maintenance has gone down 50% at least and washing is a quick, 20 minute affair. Coating wheels and tires saves 1hr alone during maint. washes. Another plus is if a bird targets the car, I'll get to it when I get to it and removal hours (sometimes days) later doesn't leave a mark. Coatings really help me revel in my laziness; I like clean cars but don't really like cleaning them.

Originally Posted by Dave1
Black cars are the worst to keep looking top notch.....

An absolute curse.....

White or yellow cars need 2% of the care a black car requires with any products....

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 08-22-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Just thought I would check in... been awhile. In my shop we used Zaino, and as I have posted before, the combination of AIO, Z-8, Z-CS, another Z-8, Z-CS and a final Z-8 brought out metallics and pearls like nothing I have ever seen. My customers would go ballistic when they picked up their cars.
Tried Adams, and many other products, and they just did not get the WOW factor the above combination gave.
On a solid color, but on dark cars I add two Z-5's or Z-2's in place of Z-CS

However having said that Feynlabs Ceramic Lite does the same as Zaino for bringing out paint characteristics, and solves BudgetPlan1's issue with self cleaning and bird stuff.
BudgetPlan1 (08-23-2018)

Quick Reply: Adam's VS Zaino