Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best glass cleaner ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by important
Melts the glass?

What the...?

I had to laugh when I saw that too!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:36 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I used to work for one of the major precision optical products manufacturers in the country, Eastman Kodak, and cleaning the glass lenses prior to applying the optical coatings was a critical step in the operation. As was previously mentioned earlier in this discussion, what you use for wiping the glass is a critical part of the equation. For the lenses, we used cotton diapers....SERIOUSLY! We were a large scale operation, at one time, and had, LITERALLY, thousands of these diapers on hand.

Our in-house chemists developed a cleaning solution that was absolutely the best glass cleaner ever know to man. Yes, I know it wasn't the most honest thing to do, but over time, most every one of us employees took some of this stuff home, to use on our car windows. Unfortunately, a couple of years before I retired, our business unit was sold off to another corporation, and the new owners were forced to contract with an outside supplier, to make this glass cleaner. Therefore, the cleaner was no longer readily available to us. After I retired, I contacted this supplier, hoping to purchase some of this cleaner, but they blew me off. I actually though of buying this cleaner in 50 gallon drums, and selling in in 12 oz. spray bottles, but it didn't come to pass.

FWIW, I now use either 'Windex', the variety with vinegar, or 'Hope's Perfect Glass', along with either a cloth diaper and/or a microfiber towel.

Quick Reply: Best glass cleaner ever!!!