Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Denim ‘bleed’ into Adrenaline Red leather

Old 11-24-2018, 08:54 PM
Borrego
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denim ‘bleed’ into Adrenaline Red leather

Folks,

Love the Adrenaline Red leather seats. However, after months of use, I would say normal wear and tear, its obvious that darker denim jeans leave a blue haze on the leather, especially the bolsters which get rubbed during normal entrance and exit (I have the competition seats). Of course I do my best to get in and out of the seats gently, however its inevitable.

So two questions...

1) What is the best method to remove the denim haze without damaging or dulling the red leather? I also want to preserve the matt finish of the leather; I don’t want it to become shiny.
2) Is there some way to prevent it from happening in the future; perhaps some type of protectant / treatment?

And not wearing denim really isn’t an option!

Best,
Borrego
Old 11-24-2018, 11:05 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I can't find it but Autogeek has a product for removing "bleeding" from interiors.
The following users liked this post:
Borrego (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 01:55 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

The best I have seen and used more times than I can count is Zaino's Z-9 Leather Cleaner. Out of several hundred cars I did at my shop only one did not work, a grey interior on a C5 and that was a cheap black belt dye.
For protection get Kamikaze's Q2 Leather Coating
Borrego (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 132 Likes on 75 Posts

I use simple green to clean my C6 leather seats. Automotive leather has a plastic coating.
Borrego (11-25-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Bikeman
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

My most recent prior vette was a 15 z51 with comp seats in Adrenalin red. I thought dark area on bolster was dirt/stain also.Got mildly aggressive with cleaning and it got worse.Realized it was wear thru. Difficult to differentiate. AR looks great but I suspect it shows wear a lot easier than other colors. Was looking to restain area but sold the car. I now prefer the dark intererior much better. Not any hotter in summer and imo shows dirt/wear much better.

Get notified of new replies

To Denim ‘bleed’ into Adrenaline Red leather

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Denim ‘bleed’ into Adrenaline Red leather