Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

New Paint and Leaning Towards Feynlab

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts
Default New Paint and Leaning Towards Feynlab

My '66 was painted (2-part) as part of the restoration last July. So no wax or anything ever on the finish, maybe 10 road miles since paint. I've read BP1's threads and others, but still consider myself uneducated about ceramic coatings. Seems like the number of vendors explode when something new is developed. So.... it looks like long term these new products aren't harmful vs the old fashioned products? As an outsider looking for a trusted ceramic source I see Feynlabs referred to often here. BP1 likes an small Japanese product. First of all I haven't read any negatives about ceramics yet. Second since I have no direct experience seems like Feynlabs is a safe choice (at least they have an impressive website!). Within reason price really is not a factor. I also want to treat my polished wheels. I'll probably do it myself simply because I enjoy caring for my car. So again, new, untouched paint now seems like the ideal time to treat my paint. Just brought it home, weather's been bad, and fixing minor issues so, sorry for poor pic in my shop. Also I'm unqualified to see the differences in shine one vs the other. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:00 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I am a giant fan of Feynlabs products.When I had my shop in Northern California, we used the Feynlab products with amazing results. Ceramic Pro was nice and had a decent finish, Kamkaze Miyabe brought a bit more richness in the paint, Gyeon Q2 Mohs was simply poor and could not match the others. took off the Gyeon on my test car put on Feynalbs Ceramic Lite and WOW a very visible difference in the shine, and the richness of the color over the others. It became my de-facto ceramic product.
The following 3 users liked this post by Grzldvt1:
BudgetPlan1 (12-08-2018), CamarosRus (12-11-2018), Lotsacubes (12-08-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 05:40 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Grzldvt1, Were you / Are you using Feynalbs Ceramic Lite because you werent certified/trained to buy/use the
regular Feynalbs CERAMIC product.

If after correcting my 2012 Grand Sport paint imperfections (as best I can)
and should I consider F Ceramic light instead of Black Fire Sealant and Pinacle Soveran
then what maintenance spray products do you best like either between Foam Cannon washes
OR instead of Washing

I just bought a gallon of Black Fire SiO2 spray and a Quart of Car Pro ECH2O

and what about ECOCOAT Premier as an Alternative to the above Feynalbs Ceramiic Light

https://www.autogeek.net/igl-ecocoat...gaAsYVEALw_wcB
Thanks as always,

Chuck Sharin
Auburn,WA

Last edited by CamarosRus; 12-11-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:04 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I was a Certified installer, and what Feynlabs brings to the party is paint richness. It brought out the pearls and metal flakes like no other Ceramic products. Made basic colors, black, white, red, etc look much deeper and richer. Some may argue but as a pro detailer studying various products and knows how to bring out the paint, not just coat it, It was one of the things that attracted me to Feynlabs. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with their chemist and that was one of the things we discussed.
I could do it with Zaino, but never got a Ceramic to match it. Feynlabs does exactly that.
At this point I won't touch a carnuba, The ceramic coating industry is just bursting at the seams with products. Some good, some not so good. It is getting more difficult to get it figured out.
The Blackire sealant is good, I like Polish Angel High Gloss, and the wash is good as it is for ceramics.
BudgetPlan1 has some experience with IGL, I have not.
The following users liked this post:
Lotsacubes (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts

Thx Grx, That's the problem for an outsider like me, the ceramic industry is bursting. No way for me to figure out who's good. Appreciate the real world input.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:11 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Very nice 66!
The following users liked this post:
Lotsacubes (12-12-2018)
Old 06-01-2019, 03:30 AM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts