Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adam's Correcting Polish

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:13 PM
fastimes
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 464 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21-'22
Default Adam's Correcting Polish

I am new to paint correction and I've never used a Random Orbit polisher before. That said, I wanted to try and "bring back" my 47 year old, single stage paint as best I could.
Nothing will help the chips, nicks, bad touch-ups and spidering that plagues this paint job, however, I am super impressed with the result that I achieved using Adam's Correcting Polish and Orange Correcting Pad. Even for a novice, the results are pretty outstanding.
I'm using kid gloves with the machine because of the age of my single stage paint. One go around with the polish, and a top coat of Adam's Americana Wax. I'm pretty damn happy.
I can't afford to repaint my car, so for now this process has made it presentable.
I still have a little ways to go with the paint correction, but I'd definitely recommend these products for a tired old paint job.

Last edited by fastimes; 01-24-2019 at 10:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fastimes:
Adam's Polish (01-26-2019), DK83 (01-26-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 05:10 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Looks real good!
The following users liked this post:
fastimes (01-26-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Ladensack3
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a question for Adams. I bought a C6 vette. Washed it, clay bar, and then hand waxed it. I want to polish it with a orbital polisher. (I know I should’ve done this now before waxing lol). My question is can I just now polish over the wax with polisher and then wax it again? Or do I need to somehow remove the old wax before polishing? What is best product you have for that ultimate shine I’m looking for. Thanks
Old 01-28-2019, 02:22 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Ladensack3
I have a question for Adams. I bought a C6 vette. Washed it, clay bar, and then hand waxed it. I want to polish it with a orbital polisher. (I know I should’ve done this now before waxing lol). My question is can I just now polish over the wax with polisher and then wax it again? Or do I need to somehow remove the old wax before polishing? What is best product you have for that ultimate shine I’m looking for. Thanks
You can go over the wax however it may clog up your pad.
I think that if it were me I would do a strip wash or do a Coating Prep wipe down.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exter...wash-16oz.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exter...prep-16oz.html

Get notified of new replies

To Adam's Correcting Polish

Quick Reply: Adam's Correcting Polish