Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic Coating - everyone has the best

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Ceramic Coating - everyone has the best

It has been 3 years since I coated my F-150, Stingray, and my wife's daily driver - so it is time to re-coat. (did it myself)
Wife's Daily Driver I used 22PLE
Corvette and F-150 Kamikaze ISM Coat

No swirl marks on any of them (want to keep it that way)

so each week
Wash
air dry (blower)
detail (Magic detail spray)

after reading (tired of research) all claim to be the "Best" "Easiest" "Hardest", etc. etc. just cost is different large range - so does that mean the most expensive is better?
I was going to purchase the "Adams Today Special" kit, but decided to wait and see what CF had to say one last time.

What is the best? Why? any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:17 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Well, you've already used my 2 favorites (22ple and Kamikaze). I've got Gtechniq CSL + EXOV4 that I'm gonna try next week as well as the Kamikaze Zipang offering (with a base coat of Miyabi) with it's limited self-healing abilities (claimed). We'll see.

Wanna change it up just to try something different or were you not pleased with the performance of the Kamikaze and 22ple offerings?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:26 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Well, you've already used my 2 favorites (22ple and Kamikaze). I've got Gtechniq CSL + EXOV4 that I'm gonna try next week as well as the Kamikaze Zipang offering (with a base coat of Miyabi) with it's limited self-healing abilities (claimed). We'll see.

Wanna change it up just to try something different or were you not pleased with the performance of the Kamikaze and 22ple offerings?

I am happy but just wondering if something is better - some are cheaper but are they as good?
Old 01-31-2019, 01:57 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by walker3
I am happy but just wondering if something is better - some are cheaper but are they as good?
Ah, the endless quest for something better...I too fall victim to this and have been chasing Unicorns for the last 2.5 years, only to still remain in the Kamikaze camp. Not to say it's the best but rather to say it just plain works *for me*. I've run through about 23 or 24 coatings now, used in conjunction with boosters/toppers ups it to 33 or 34 combinations. With all the new stuff coming out (daily it seems) it's impossible to keep up and, to me, fruitless to continue unless something new *really* intrigues me. I'm starting to hear mentions of Graphene-based coatings but have yet to hear of any advantages other than "It cures to the elements in 4hrs as opposed to 24hrs"; possibly too new for anyone to specifically speak to its other advantages.

Regardless, only you can make the decision on what to do moving forward; if'n I woulda stopped back in 2016 after using Kamikaze for the first time I woulda missed trying 22ple which is just an unbelievable product for me in certain situations so ya just never know. Problem is, you never know how exactly something is gonna work for you and your situation without giving it a try, a sometimes costly exercise in both money and time.

FWIW, ordered a new black C7 last week, not gonna mess around with coatings. Going to installer directly from dealer delivery to be completely wrapped in PPF so we'll see how living with that goes.

Please post back when you decide which way you're gonna go...always interested in hearing others experiences and processes.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:30 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

will keep you updated - leaning towards staying wit Kamikaze - it has worked well in past 4 years - - but when paying that much you want to investigate first and see what is out there.

thanks for the feedback
The following users liked this post:
BudgetPlan1 (02-01-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 08:36 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree with Budgetplan. I think there are many good ones and you have 2 of the best. It's like all car care products, everyone has a different opinion.
The following users liked this post:
BudgetPlan1 (02-05-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Coating - everyone has the best

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating - everyone has the best