Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Gyeon Bathe in real world and Gyeon towel wash..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:35 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Gyeon Bathe in real world and Gyeon towel wash..

So, I have several coated vehicles running around my local area now. I used Gyeon MOHs on some and Kamikaze on others, depending on "customer" and availability(in a few cases, Kamikaze was hard to get a hold of regularly).

Anyway, we have had some very nice storms down here in the Castle Rock, Larkspur, and Monument Colorado area. Since all my vehicles and the "customer" vehicles are in this area, I have some thoughts on coated vehicles: Gyeon Bathe(any version: regular or plus) is worthless as a wash on cars locally. CDOT uses a Mag Chloride mix here on the roads and it is very successful in sticking EVERYTHING to your cars finish, even coated. Once the vehicle gets through the days of heavy road grime and the weather gets back to "lets clean this car" time, a daily driver is nicely coated with everything you see on your roads. Gyeon Bathe simply cannot cut through this without several buckets(5 gallon) worth of washing. There are FAR better car soaps out there that do not seem to affect the coating(testing on only my cars at this time, but going to have to go this route on a few of my "customers").

Ok, Gyeon MF Towel Wash and high efficiency front load washers don't like each other. I put all the washed towels through a second rinse and I still get soap bubbles visible during the cycle. Usually they are completely gone by the end of the 2nd wash(I don't use any other detergents and no wash added to 2nd wash cycle, just use it to rinse).

Don't get me wrong, Gyeon Bathe+ is doing a good job of keeping the coatings repelling and shine abilities in tact. I am using another wash to do the initial clean on my vehicles, full rinse, then using the Gyeon Bathe+ bucket to go back over, full rinse, and dry. I am, however, going to try another MF towel wash detergent.

Oh, I use "customer" as seen as I am not a detailing business. I ended up putting a comment out there, locally, to a neighbor with a very nice, high end, vehicle, and he bit. He really liked what he saw when it was complete and told some of his buddies. All told, most of them avoid the really bad road conditions, but several are being driven in the days after the roads somewhat clear. I drive several of mine in all the weather all the time and it is turning out to be a good test. Gyeon MOHs plus skin is getting the real test. That car sits outside in this weather all year. Doing really well, so far, and I don't wash it often(making this a real hard test).
Old 02-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I really like Gyeon Bathe for ceramic coated cars. For your towels try this one Micro-Restore Towel Detergent
Old 02-13-2019, 09:17 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I've been using the Micro-Restore detergent mentioned above for several years now and haven't found anything better. I throw 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar in the bleach dispenser as well.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:54 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Micro Restore is an excellent product. I've used it for a few years with excellent results washing my microfibers.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I bought but have not used Chemical Guys MICROFIBER WASH......

Am i in for dissapointment and do I have any recourse with this unopened Chemical Guys Bottle

Get notified of new replies

To Gyeon Bathe in real world and Gyeon towel wash..

Quick Reply: Gyeon Bathe in real world and Gyeon towel wash..