Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Interior & Steering Wheel - Cleaning & Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 10:36 AM
tjjungers
Cruising

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Interior & Steering Wheel - Cleaning & Care

I recently purchased a new (to me) 2019 Grand Sport with 3LT package. With this 3LT package, the car has microfiber-wrapped interior and steering wheel (top of dash, shifter handle and boot, elbow rest center counsel cover, etc.). I'm curious as to input related to cleaning, care, and protection of this product. I love how it looks and want to do everything I can to keep it as nice as possible. Any input / suggestions you might have related to the cleaning, care, and protection of this product would be greatly appreciated! Below is a picture showing some of these interior surfaces I am referring to.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,442 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Buy some nice microfiber towels, get a towel lightly damp, and wipe gently. That's IMO the best way to clean alcantara type materials.
The following users liked this post:
SilverScorp (04-03-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 07:06 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Buy some nice microfiber towels, get a towel lightly damp, and wipe gently. That's IMO the best way to clean alcantara type materials.
Right on the money. Less is better with these materials.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:29 AM
dmyers
Racer

Location: A place where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I have alcantara on the steering wheel, shift **** and seats in my CTS-V and a number of fellow owners have recommend Sonax Suede and Alcantara cleaner with microfiber towels for cleaning and keeping them looking and feeling like new. I’ve yet to try it yet but there have been a lot of positive reviews on the CTS-V forums and nothing bad to speak of that I’ve seen. I just bought some off of Amazon and haven’t used it yet but will soon as my steering wheel doesn’t feel and look as plush as it did when I got the car.

Last edited by dmyers; 03-27-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:18 PM
tjjungers
Cruising

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the feedback on cleaning! Out of curiosity, does anyone use any type of protectant / conditioner on their micro suede / alcantara? If so, any advice on products used / care tips?
Old 03-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Raymond Grand Sport
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dmyers
I have alcantara on the steering wheel, shift **** and seats in my CTS-V and a number of fellow owners have recommend Sonax Suede and Alcantara cleaner with microfiber towels for cleaning and keeping them looking and feeling like new. I’ve yet to try it yet but there have been a lot of positive reviews on the CTS-V forums and nothing bad to speak of that I’ve seen. I just bought some off of Amazon and haven’t used it yet but will soon as my steering wheel doesn’t feel and look as plush as it did when I got the car.
+1 on both, I use deionized distilled water most of the time, most everyone I know regardless of brand of car uses Sonax Alcantara cleaner for stains and grease spots, etc.

I do not know of anyone using a topping or preservative on Alcantara afterwards.

Get notified of new replies

To Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Interior & Steering Wheel - Cleaning & Care

Quick Reply: Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Interior & Steering Wheel - Cleaning & Care