Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

so many products out there how do you decide what to use...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 06:53 PM
CDNZ
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Yeah, once you use Bead Maker, it is hard not to become addicted. I started out buying the $10 bottle to try it. That bottle now lives in my "trunk bag" that I take to car shows and race events.

I ended up buying an entire gallon and a spare 32oz bottle from P&S. I had a spray nozzle from another product that creates a perfect atomized mist, so I used that in the 32oz bottle. This is my go-to garage setup. For me, Bead Maker is the perfect topper and after-wash drying aid product. Cheap, smells great, spreads nicely and flashes quickly, adds noticeable gloss and provides extra protection. And it works well on top of any wax or sealant, and any surface. I mean, literally. Paint, glass, chrome, plastic, silicone, vinyl, etc. When I am done wiping down the paint, I use the damp MF towels to wipe down my seats and interior panels. Polymer goodness!
FYRARMS, when you use the BM on the interior, and the seats in particular, does it make the seats slippery or difficult to stay put in one place so to speak? I do not like the feeling of sliding around in the seat, so just wondering. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,233 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNZ
FYRARMS, when you use the BM on the interior, and the seats in particular, does it make the seats slippery or difficult to stay put in one place so to speak? I do not like the feeling of sliding around in the seat, so just wondering. Thanks.
Not any more slippery than when you use a leather/vinyl protectant. I didn't notice them being any more slick. But, I just wiped them with the damp towel, I didn't spray them.
The following users liked this post:
CDNZ (05-08-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Gixxerman

Received 3,747 Likes on 2,126 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Yeah I do have a lot of Griot's stuff, I have a griot's bag i keep in the back for shows and have a few of their machines, but they don't have everything I like to use. Adams has the new VHT tire dressing I love.. not shinny at all.. I think there are lot's of quality companies around that kinda do the same thing. I have used the show on my Torch Red and I would say you have to watch the streaks.. I noticed a few too at the right angle.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:03 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Yeah, once you use Bead Maker, it is hard not to become addicted. I started out buying the $10 bottle to try it. That bottle now lives in my "trunk bag" that I take to car shows and race events.

I ended up buying an entire gallon and a spare 32oz bottle from P&S. I had a spray nozzle from another product that creates a perfect atomized mist, so I used that in the 32oz bottle. This is my go-to garage setup. For me, Bead Maker is the perfect topper and after-wash drying aid product. Cheap, smells great, spreads nicely and flashes quickly, adds noticeable gloss and provides extra protection. And it works well on top of any wax or sealant, and any surface. I mean, literally. Paint, glass, chrome, plastic, silicone, vinyl, etc. When I am done wiping down the paint, I use the damp MF towels to wipe down my seats and interior panels. Polymer goodness!
The great thing about this is that it will work on any surface and can use it on top of any other brand of wax or sealant as long as it doesn't ruin anything. You also use this product on your interior?.
FYRARMS (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 02:26 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS WON
You also use this product on your interior?.
Sure do! Seems to help the inside of the widows resist fogging up, too. Here is a video where Renny Doyle talks about the ways to apply and use it, including the interior:

LS WON (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 11:45 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Spent some alone time with my bottle of magic sauce last night. I was about to throw out an empty bottle of Walmart brand glass cleaner, and I remembered how nice the spray nozzle was. The bottle was almost the same height as my Bead Maker bottle, so I cleaned out the nozzle and swapped it. Works perfectly! Sprays a very fine even mist. The clear plastic even matches the bottle. LOL

Old 05-09-2019, 02:58 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

I laughed at your pleasure finding a good spray head. I am on the quest for the best spray bottle and spray head...see attached
FYRARMS (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 06:17 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

LOL! Same here. I haven't found any of the "rheostat" type twist nozzle spray heads that I like. I really like the aerosol-mist that the one I found provides. The Kenotek bottles are the same way. Griot's spray heads are pretty good too!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Has anyone used both Bead Maker and Polish Angel High Gloss? Interested in a comparison for gloss and ease of use. Bead Maker seems like more bang for the buck, but Polish Angel may give you a superior shine?

I'm a big fan of Kenotek for use in between full details and as a Topper over Zaino Clear Sealant. Haven't tried the ceramics yet. Still like the Zaino Clear Sealant shine. That could change in the near future.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

yes. to my eyes the PA HG leaves a high "glassier" appearance. I'll hit it with Kenotek to help get light dust off and does not seem to affect the PA at all. I prefer those 2 over BM.
One simple combo I'll use is CanCoat topped with HG after a week.Once a month maintenance and a good 6-8 months. I prefer the HG over Cure
capevettes (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 PM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Kenotec is a great general DS. I use it and I find it's usually only good after one wash and then reapply after next wash. It is by far the easiest to remove compared to all others I've used. Best on the market?, probably not but it is better than most general sprays out there.
The following 2 users liked this post by charley95:
capevettes (05-12-2019), FYRARMS (05-12-2019)

Quick Reply: so many products out there how do you decide what to use...