Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ardex viper 7240 wax

Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Duck Pond
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ardex viper 7240 wax

We we're at a car show in Grants Pass OR. this past weekend and a red C5 was waxed with this product. I use all Mother's products but this car was beautiful. My C6 is white so I need all the help I can get. Does anyone have any information on this product?
Thank you for your input
Duck
Old 07-17-2019, 09:33 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Ardex products are geared towards the high-volume detailing market. Think "used car dealerships" and "quicky car wash" places. That Viper product is just a simple spray wax, if I recall. Nothing you can't get on the shelf at Walmart.

Honestly, 95% of a car's shine comes from the correction phase---the compounding and polishing. If the red C5 was super shiny, it is because it was well-polished. It wasn't because of the spray wax, to be honest. If you like Mother's products, keep using them. To get your white car super shiny, you need to get it defect-free. Clean it, decontaminate it, clay bar it, polish it. White looks best with a synthetic sealant or ceramic coating as opposed to a wax. You want the paint to look like it is coated in glass. Mother's has their new CMX Ceramic Spray that would look very glossy on white paint.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:55 PM
Duck Pond
Advanced

Thank you much, I kinda thought that but wanted an experienced voice
Duck
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Is your car's paint in good shape? What is your usual detailing routine? Lots of experienced guys in here who can give great tips for getting the white paint looking great.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:11 PM
Duck Pond
Advanced

Our car is a 2013 white GS with OEM ZR1 wheels. The paint is in excellent condition I think. Feeling the surface I cannot feel any bumps or imperfections. Usually I dust it with a California duster and then use Mothers instant detailer, then with a DA polisher with Mothers pure polish and finally I apply Mothers Reflection Wax.
Bud
Old 07-19-2019, 10:22 PM
1BadMoFo
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

How about for black cars? when I was active in the scene about 10 years ago, Zaino was really great for black cars. What are a couple of favorites now? Scott
Old 07-21-2019, 10:20 PM
Duck Pond
Advanced

I took your advice and washed and clayed the car, then I polished it with Mothers scratch repair and waxed with Mothers Reflections liquid wax. I then applied Bead Maker. That 13 GS has never looked this good, I'm absolutely amazed.
Thank you for very good advice.
Bud
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 11:52 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Duck Pond
I took your advice and washed and clayed the car, then I polished it with Mothers scratch repair and waxed with Mothers Reflections liquid wax. I then applied Bead Maker. That 13 GS has never looked this good, I'm absolutely amazed.
Thank you for very good advice.
Bud
Excellent!

Get notified of new replies

To Ardex viper 7240 wax

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ardex viper 7240 wax