Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:33 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Guys you seem to be getting way off topic along with getting very hostile. Put it back in your pants or take it to PM's.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lets get to the bottom line on this thead
WE NOW HAVE A BOLT IN REAR END FOR OUR CARS !!!
No one wanted to do it for us in the past and now that it is out their .for sale all you guys want to do is flame each other and everyone doesn't want to buy eather unit.
Put it to rest .
I will buy the one that I think best services me .
Think about it ,no one had a bolt in rear until this one and now that is here we are the ones that benifit.
No more of the,that will be 10k or 15k for that job ,no more, I am going to take this DA for a check book ride ,it stops now.
After years in business no one could come up with this concept?
Think about it guys.All of a sudden their are 2 units out their,only because someone steped up to the plate and made the guys that had the most money to gain fight to keep it .I think that is the American way.
Now I don't have to spend my money on a car creations rear,that is still unstable.
I think this is great and now we have a Wal-Mart of rear ends out their
don't make them go away.
I said my piece ,I worked for chevy for years and I got tired of the
mechanics bad mouthing each other ,so buy what you will and enjoy it.

Last edited by REDC4CORVETTE; 03-08-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although the C4 that I am building will not run below 10's (still want some street manners and want to stay with a 6 point roll bar for now. ), I will be installing one of Jesse's setups (well, the shop doing the motor and tranny work will be installing it). Once installed, I will be happy to share the results of this rear end, as I know Neverlift customers will share the results of their rear ends. Once both Neverlift and Ski_Dwn_It have more installed and customers can start rating them, it will help all others that are considering the two setups and which setup will be right for them. As stated, these are two different styles of rear end setups. Each one will have its own place on the track, for the different driving styles and setups each person has on their Corvette.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:13 PM
eddie the kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leos rear is already in my c4 and my car is alomst complete. pro 8.50 here i come
Old 03-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie the kid
leos rear is already in my c4
Leo's rear fits in a C4? Damn. He must've lost 40 or 50 lbs.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 PM
tpi 421 vette
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ski_dwn_it

Yours runs a Crossmember that GREATLY decreases ground clearance and is a nightmare on the street/normal drivings.

Yours uses a cheap PAN Hard setup - Mine utilizes a wishbone that does NOT hinder the movement of the rear 1 bit and is FAR superior and consequently the same thing the setup I mentioned above uses. WONDER WHY?

:

Mine isn't a bolt in solid axle, but with the car lowered and with a 28" rear tire, I have no problems running a crossmember on the street. It would be real hard to bottom it out. And I also have a panhard bar on my car, which has been used by many manufactures for many years with zero problems. Mine also has an adjustable 4 link, but in reality, there are only a couple of different settings you can use. Both of these setups are a major upgrades for racing over the IRS , so everybody needs to use which they feel is best for their car.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:04 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Who cares about the C4 solid axle kit. Where's the C5 solid axle bolt in kit?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:22 PM
NL Racecraft
Racer

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Who cares about the C4 solid axle kit. Where's the C5 solid axle bolt in kit?
I am truly sorry we do not technically have a "C5 bolt in kit" at this very moment and cannot accept credit for such as of yet........ but we have performed some very successfull conversions(7.50 E.T.'s)
wehave also converted a late model GTO that has run 9.70 E.T.'s at 4000 lbs....

look forward to seeing these kit offered as "bolt in's" very soon..... along with those kit we are going to do the C3 straight axle conversion kit...... and hopefully they will be what the community is looking for.......maybe a new thread...hmmmmmmmm
Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 AM
markshaw70redBB
Pro

Originally Posted by NL Racecraft
look forward to seeing these kit offered as "bolt in's" very soon..... along with those kit we are going to do the C3 straight axle conversion kit...... and hopefully they will be what the community is looking for.......maybe a new thread...hmmmmmmmm
Leo -

Sign me up for a C3 straight axle kit.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Guys, whoever you choose to build your solid axle, make sure they are honest and do what you pay them to do.
I hired a company, to program 2 chips (1 for emissions and one for perforomance) for my 93 vette, hotcam, etc. and paid them around $400.00 to do this. The chips did not work right, so I took data scans, dyno pulls, with AF readings, track slips, and returned the chips 3 times over approximately a 1 year period to have it adjusted.
Finally the so called chip professional insisted the problem was my car.
I ended up getting a chip from another co. and the difference was day and night.
Also, I found out that the so called professional I used had in fact only changed the switches and constants in the programming, ie. TC lockup, etc. But had never done any actual programming of the timing tables, fuel tables, ve tables etc. The 2 chips were both identical even though I paid for 2 different chips I lost $400.00, and alot of time. I will not make that same mistake again.
After I get my new turbo car running I plan to get a solid axle in it, and guess what, this time I will use a real professional such as LEO
Oh, and if anyone wants to see the bin file of these chips, well send me your e-mail.
Again, take it from me, go with a real pro.
The following users liked this post:
mackeyred96 (03-20-2016)
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

This has been very interesting but I think it time for the products to do the talking. I sure there will be a market for both products and racers need to do their homework before they make a choice. Cost, reliability, compoents, and installation method should all be considered. I went with Leo for many reasons and I had him do my install, he came in on time and on buget for the work I had him do and it was alot more than an axel. To me it was worth it and if you look at the parts Leo developed for my braking system, you know why I need to trust a professional.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

NFN men this thread has turned into a pissin match between a non supporting and supporting member of this site along with clients.

I know that you all waiting for the season to start but can't you all be more civil? Maybe if you go out and beat the dog it'll make you all feel better.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jersey jay

I know that you all waiting for the season to start but can't you all be more civil? Maybe if you go out and beat the dog it'll make you all feel better.
No need to beat a DOG. Just had to let go, idid. No more Jersey Jay , i'm good. Hope you have a good sunday
Old 03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Can we now concentrate on me BEATING Panuzzo?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1962621
Old 03-09-2008, 05:19 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Paul_Z06
Can we now concentrate on me BEATING Panuzzo?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1962621
Do what you need to, Paul, this is off my turf. I was just asked to step in to throw some water on the bonfire.

BTW when are you going to get another car?

Your buddy Stealth wants me to sit behind the tree again. I told him the only trees I'll be looking at in the future are those in the forest.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jersey jay
Do what you need to, Paul, this is off my turf. I was just asked to step in to throw some water on the bonfire.

BTW when are you going to get another car?

Your buddy Stealth wants me to sit behind the tree again. I told him the only trees I'll be looking at in the future are those in the forest.
I hear ya, bro. Throw in keyboards, few late night drinks, and a bunch of guys passionate about what they do (not to mention competitive) and you have a pretty interesting cocktail. Thank GOD I'm not one of those guys.

I have no clue when or if I'll get back into racing. I thought about getting a C6 Z06 but going from an 8 second car back to an 11 second car just won't provide the same kind of thrills.

So, for now, I'll just have to pick on old geezers like Panuzzo and hope that I won't humiliate myself too much. It would really suck if I lost to a guy with a Purple Heart from World War I.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by markshaw70redBB
Leo -

Sign me up for a C3 straight axle kit.

Get notified of new replies

To Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 AM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I take it if you guys came to agreeing on some how comparing the 2 setup @ the track, shows that the 2 kits are different. If they are the same like most would say and is a copy then there would be no need to compare the 2 right??? Glade we got this part cleared up.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 AM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Guys, what jesses is asking is for both parties to be respectful towards each other. Jesse never mentioned anything in this thread until someone brought his name up in a negative way. You have members that never dealt with him call him a backyard amateur mechanic …. That’s not cool

Jesse has lot of experience working on his car along with other members of the forum especially with c4 corvettes. His one of the only and very few guys that was able to turn low 1.3 60 foot with a Dana 44, that to itself shows the amount of dedication and experience Jesse has setting up and tuning a C4 corvette. Also from what I know jesses has a respectable engineering degree from one of the top universities in the country which should assure you that everything he engineered in his setup is thought out well in matter of safety and strength . also he’s a father and a husband and I assure you that he would not risk another member life in order to make a buck or two and miss up another mans family

I’m having Jesse help me out with few things to help improve my setup, and I’m welling if it ok with you guys to put up my setup up against another member. Let me know … thanks

Last edited by red L98; 03-10-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:39 AM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by _twisted_
redl98 is your only nut swinger and he doesn't have any ink either, except for maybe the tat daddy paid for.
thats not cool my man, i work real hard running my own busniess and going to med school. my daddy dont pay for ****....

Quick Reply: Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.