Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

pinto Rack in C-4

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pinto Rack in C-4

Anyone here run one of those flaming river pinto steering racks in a C-4? I'm in the process of building a landspeed racer - and am not really interested in maintaining the original - even with no pump --

so I'm looking for a good option! If you have done it - what did it rerquire in the way of mods? this will be on a coil over setup - but I don't think that would matter.

Thanks for any help in advance

Carl Johansson
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Carl I've talked to Flaming River and they said they could build a one off direct replacement bolt in billet rack for the c4.
Cost would be about $800.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I converted my C4 to a manual rack a few years ago, tried the Pinto but it wasn't a good replacement(too much bump steer). Then had a custom unit built to the C4 pivot width, works great!

Dave
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
spltwindo
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I use the Flaming River pinto rack with the Chassis Enginering mountig bracket on the right side and bolt it to the drivers side . We use Chassis Enginering tie rod end kits.I have been 170 mph. at 3200 lb's and have had no issues with steering. Tires after 60 passes still have the **** on them.The hardest part was centering the rack.I also run Q-A1 front coil overs.

Get notified of new replies

To pinto Rack in C-4

Quick Reply: pinto Rack in C-4