Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Update: Horsepower Sales Drag Race Clinic & Car Show June 21

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update: Horsepower Sales Drag Race Clinic & Car Show June 21

Welcome to HPS OF FL’S first annual car show and Drag Racing Class. We hope to have a great afternoon with some beautiful cars and great people.

There is no cost for either of these events. Just the desire to hang out with your Corvette buds and enjoy the camaraderie associated with America’s finest sports car!

This event is being held at our shop location. Address is in the signature. The car show starts a 1 PM and the Drag Racing Class starts at 3 PM.

Refreshments and light snacks will be provided. Everyone attending will receive a goody bag including discount coupons for product and services provided by HPS of Florida.

There will be a raffle with all the proceeds going to St. Jude. The raffle winner will have their choice (for a C5 or C6) of a:
1)FREE Dynotune (by our long time friend and partner Mike Norris), or

2)FREE Installation of a set of American Racing Headers purchased thru HPS, or

3)FREE Autometer, Cobalt series, boost and fuel pressure gauges with dual guage pod with purchase of any supercharger and installation.

The Drag Racing Class is the first part of a two part class. The first part on the 21st is classroom oriented. The basics of drag racing will be covered. If you’re a novice, or someone who has a little experience, this class will help you!

The second part of the class will be held on a Sunday (TBD) at Countyline Raceway. Here you will get a chance to put into practice what you heard in the first class and brought to life on an IHRA sanctioned drag strip. More information will be given out at the end of the class this Saturday. This will be an open test day for all Forum members, but it will be FREE to all who attended the class on the 21st!

HPS will have its NHRA D/SA Corvette on display. This is a daily driven C5 LS1 that has run ¼ mile times in the 11.20’s and has competed this year in NHRA Divisional events as well as the 2008 AC DELCO Gatornationals. This car is HPS’s test bed for the new Intimidator Series performance packages.

After the awards and raffle drawing we will be headed over to Galuppi's Restaraunt www.galuppis.com. Please click on the link for more information. This is open to all Forum members so if you just want to hang out with some fellow Corvette lovers you are more than welcome.

Thanks to Mike Clark, our Challenge Series Event Chairman, who has been a big help in putting this together.

Hope to see you all Saturday!!

Roger, Jeremy. Tim & Jonathan

Last edited by HPSFLORIDA; 06-17-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Location
Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

I'm trying to get there in time
Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Nitrous Bob
I'm trying to get there in time
Up the shot! You can do it!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Originally Posted by HPSFLORIDA
Up the shot! You can do it!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Racing Diva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My crew chief and I are looking forward to Sat. class at 3. and dinner afterwards. Miss you guys and racing! Thank you Roger and Jeremy for doing this I appreciate you taking the time in doing this.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
huskerC5ragtop
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great event guys, I will be there. Thanks again for all the support you give us local Vette owners and racers!!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 AM
taaz024
Drifting

I am looking forward to seeing my racing buddies this weekend. I know that there are a few that will not make it. We will have a beer for you!!!!! Gang, please invite anyone you know out to this event so we can show our support to Roger at Horsepower Sales. Here is a map showing where Rogers shop is and where we will be cruising for dinner at around 5pm. See you all this weekend!!

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-DoHcQNqk2wyWAkJ9
Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Looking forward to it!
Got the permission slip from Stephanie to hang out until 5:00pm. Then, I have to go home. Kind of a changing of the guard, so Stephanie can get together with some of her friends.
I'll be bringing down my new Vette. And, the Monte is still at the shop, so at least I can prove it to some of you that I do own a Monte Carlo SS.

Mike, my 86 C4 is for sale. Give me a call if you are interested in it. Looking to get $9k firm for it (going to put it up for $10.5k obo shortly). A little birdie told me you may be interested...left you a couple messages on your cell. So, whenever you get a chance, give me a call.

See you all on Saturday!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
taaz024
Drifting

I thought about the C4 but my financial birdie told me that I better not do it. I would disagree with her but I think that would kill any wedding plans, lol.

See you all at Roger's saturday!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

All good. My fiancial birdie wants me to sell the 86 as soon as possible. Thanks, I'll be putting it in the Auto Trader, then. Wanted to give you first shot. See you tomorrow!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:10 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Looking forward to hangin with everyone tomorrow.

You know 15th avenue in front of the shop looks alot like Moroso and we could get some real seat Time in..........J/K

Well maybe we can practice burnouts

Thanks Everyone,

Jeremy
Old 06-21-2008, 10:21 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Originally Posted by HPSFLORIDA
Looking forward to hangin with everyone tomorrow.

You know 15th avenue in front of the shop looks alot like Moroso and we could get some real seat Time in..........J/K

Well maybe we can practice burnouts

Thanks Everyone,

Jeremy

Maybe drifting around the corner by pepsi!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Update: Horsepower Sales Drag Race Clinic & Car Show June 21

Quick Reply: Update: Horsepower Sales Drag Race Clinic & Car Show June 21