Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Horsepower Sales drag racing get together

Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 PM
huskerC5ragtop
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Horsepower Sales drag racing get together

Thanks to Roger, Jeremy and Horsepower Sales for hosting our June Corvette Challenge event at their shop. Jeremy gave a very informative class in drag racing basics and shared his vast wealth of racing experience with us. George Case the VP of drag racing operations at Moroso Motorsports Park was also in attendance and shared some visions of the "new and improved" drag strip with us. Neil Simon was the winner of the raffle...now he just has to decide on which offer he will take advantage of. It was nice to see many of our Challenge racers show up for a fun and informative event. Thanks also to Mike Clark for really stepping up as Challenge coordinator and taking this event to the next level. I look forward to our next get together and our track day at Countyline. Here are a couple of pics before the monsoon blew in.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:12 PM
taaz024
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a great day and it was nice to see my buddies!! I am already planning the next "challenge" gathering. Here is a post I put up in the southeast section.

We had a nice little car show, great conversations and and awesome drag racing class. Jeremy Preston did an outstanding job discussing the concept of drag racing for 2 hours straight. The class had a perfect balance between education, helpful hints and stories about personal experiences. Jeremy, aka "the teacher" is a national champ with more wins under his belt than I have in total 1/4 mile passes. He did a great job explaining to the class how to win and lose in drag racing. Jeremy, awesome job today!!!

After the class most of us went out for a nice dinner on a lightning flashing golf course where we discussed many things from cars to cakes. At the end of dinner, Roger and Jeremy paid the tab without the group even knowing it until it was time to leave. We all thank you guys and appreciate that!!! For those of you that do not know this father/son team, go to Horsepower Sales and meet them!!! They treat customers like family and really have a passion for helping others. There are other pro shops around where you never even know the owner or you don't really ever get to talk with him/her. With the Prestons you feel like you have met friends for life!!

Now, I can can go on and on about how they have supported myself and all my buddies but instead I invite you to go experience it yourself. Horsepower Sales of Pompano has sponsored the Corvette and GM Challenges since the very first races and have already committed to a 2009 schedule. Head to the shop, get those slicks and grab a race schedule. I'll see you at the track!!!! THANK YOU ROGER AND JEREMY!!

Jeff, great pics!!!! Thanks!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Excellent! Jeremy is an awesome racer & you can go far paying attention to his finish line advice.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Looks like I missed a great time due to vacation.

What's in tap for next event?

Last edited by Joe_G; 06-25-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:20 PM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

looks like everybody had a good time anything going on in July. I won't be racing that month.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:27 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

For the West Central FL crowd we could try to put on a class day as well. Just need a good turnout.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Racing Diva
Advanced

Thank you Jeremy and Roger for giving of your time and sharing your expertise with us, greatly appreciated. You are a very good teacher Jeremy. I'm taking my notes to the track and applying them Sorry we weren't able to join you for dinner . It was great to see each of you that were at the class thou. Look forward to see you in July.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Originally Posted by 96collector
looks like everybody had a good time anything going on in July. I won't be racing that month.
Yes, I will be sure to have an event on every scheduled challenge night. I really hope to see more of the challenge group at the next event. Maybe I should go back to giving 5 bonus points, lol. I have many ideas for the next event but I am always open to suggestions!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A big Thank You to Roger, Jeremy and the rest of Horsepower Sales! The lesson that Jeremy gave was extremely valuable to a "newbie" such as myself. I got a lot of great tips out of the class. Now, to see if I can apply them.
Also, thank you to Gabby for pulling my name for the raffle. With the new C6, the long tube exhaust is going to be great! Roger, I'll get with you on this soon. I got the OK from Stephanie.
Sorry I couldn't make dinner. I was hoping to, but I got a call from home and had to head that way. I look forward to the next event!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like an Awesome time... Sorry I missed it.. I was in Vegas all last week on biz and did not want to leave again.. I had a date night with my wife..

I certainly hope to make the next event!!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

..... would've enjoyed coming to that get-together and listening-up, but 191 miles, each-way, is hard to justify:
I ended-up meeting 2 of your Series' hitters, Dino Ramirez & Richard Mortell, at Sunshine Drag Strip Friday evening as they went 'Wally-hunting'

Tracy, if you ever host a similar event at your shop, I'd be glad to come and learn from your driving-crew at RevXtreme :
I still get an empty-feeling on Saturday mornings, thinking I should be en-route to BMP.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Nice pic of our boys going for it!!! Who won??
Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by taaz024
Nice pic of our boys going for it!!! Who won??
I'm not-sure who won the trophy, and the picture above was the final time-trial session..... in Eliminations, I believe Dino was a First Round Runner-Up, while Richard squeaked-past last-year's RevXtreme Points Champion Craig Gingerich in Round #1, eventually losing in the 3rd Round:
Gingerich bought-back, and advanced to the Semi-Finals
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Hey guys-we thank you all for coming! It was a great time and we thoroughly enjoyed imparting a few "tidbits" of knowledge for you drag racers!
We are planning a second part to the drag racing class to be held at Countyline Raceway. We are working with the track to get the date firmed up-as soon as we know it will be posted.
This "on track" class will be open to everyone. There will be a nominal charge to cover the track costs (but those who attended the first class will get there admission to the track paid for by Horsepower Sales of Florida).
Congratulations to Neil S. as the winner of the raffle. Sure you didn't bribe Gabby to pull your name!!
Look forward to the next segment and future get togethers as well.

Roger, Jeremy, Tim & Jonathan
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by HPSFLORIDA
Congratulations to Neil S. as the winner of the raffle. Sure you didn't bribe Gabby to pull your name!!
I hadn't even thought about that. I probably could have had her pull all of my raffel tickets for a small bag of cookies.

Get notified of new replies

To Horsepower Sales drag racing get together

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horsepower Sales drag racing get together