Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

S Fla track owner buys Owingsville KY Strip, upgrades S FL facility

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default S Fla track owner buys Owingsville KY Strip, upgrades S FL facility

Went to my local 1/8 track last night, Countyline Raceway. Was pleased to find that they put in new concrete to the 330, widened the track, and made the turnoff better.

I was getting some good traction on the new surface, ran a 7.470@94.3 in the 3200 summer DA so the new surface is helping!

I asked why the owner, Pete Scalzo who wasn't there - A track official told me Pete bought the Bluegrass Raceway Park in Owingsville KY and was up there. He said Pete ("I don't like bracket racing" Pete) got some religion about bracket racing and saw how it can be a money maker when he bought the KY track...

I hope he brings home some of the lessons learned in KY here to S. Fla and continues with the upgrades to our track (like hiring someone who can operate the track computer for bracket racing ).

All in all good news for us drag racers in S. Fla with both of our tracks getting upgrades.

Quick Reply: S Fla track owner buys Owingsville KY Strip, upgrades S FL facility