Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Al-Anonomous beat me!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Great race guys! New personal bests is always a great way to end the season too.

Originally Posted by Vetter 1
That is what I'm looking to do.
Just let me know when Artie, I have offered several times now...

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Get a torque converter, some 17" drag radials (your 18s might work too), throw on your skinnies (oh and a roll bar ) and you'll likely do it in this air.
I still think I can get him there as it sits, and he would need a full cage anyway with what it would MPH and ET.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
K RIPPER
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great race guys real close,have seen this supercharge/nitrious drama played out couple times before bout 10 years ago was big rivalry between guys from westchester county and Rockland county guy w/66 chevelle big blockroots 6.71 2 hollys vs 70 buick gran sport lotta trash talk lots $$ bet and the race played out the same as this race the supercharge car had small lead early and the nitrious car drove around him for the win........must have seen my "street car" ...his "race car"... a hundred times in this thread so just what makes one a street car or race car,sorry but trailering does not make it a race car ,a trailer queen maybe.do street cars have roll cages..well no but race cars are required to have 'em,do race cars have full exhaust systems no but street cars do.... can you drive a race car in stop and go traffic any time well maybe do race cars have stock heads and bottom ends... yup...are race cars registered and inspected to drive on public roads... well no.. ok big shot what constitutes a race car...IMHO a race car is a purpose built car that does one thing.. RACE.with no consideration for anything else if you can legally drive your car on the street and perform all the functions of a daily driver well then it is def a street car....so BOTH cars are street cars one just has a big inch motor w/spray the other a 15 to 20 lbs boost supercharger both are hard on the engine half the power made by s/c is eaten up just to power the s/c.N2O is like an uncontrollable beast one tiny slipup and kaboom 'nuff said
Old 11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I still think I can get him there as it sits
9.99 yes but 9.7s (he said that is what he's lookin' to do) though?
I would think he would need to make at least some changes to get there from the 10.4 he's at now, no?
Some great air alone should get him to 10.2s (at over 140mph) even a 10.1x so he is close.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Great job Shawn & Steve. Congrats to both!

Ron

Quick Reply: Al-Anonomous beat me!