Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events
Old 02-23-2015, 04:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels
Print Wikipost

Best mods to start with? A4 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7secondsquarter
Trade it to me and buy a real race corvette & save yourself a ton of money as once the bug bites it can be terminal!

www.dragvette.net

Seriously though you want to invest in the drive train if you want to do a lot of drag racing. Upgrade the 4l60, maybe a trans brace, 3.42's and at least a 2800 stall TC. Also as mentioned - Drag radials and a line loc. I would do all of that before adding power to the front end. Most of all - have fun.

My Vette was 13.20 in the 1/4 when I first bought it. I replaced the converter and had a ECS tune installed. The results were 12.7's. Then I replaced the gears and no name headers with an x pipe brought me down to 12.2's to 12.3's.

It is not that easy to pick up ET. Don't be fooled by the writing on a box that claims you will pick up 25 HP.

I also replaced the air filter with a Vara Ram. This will help the vehicle breathe and be more efficient. All of the above equal consistent ET's if you plan on bracket racing.

The items that made my Vette competitive were: ECS tune, headers & X-pipe, converter, gears and Vara Ram. This is what I recommend to anyone beginning or looking to start racing - be competitive.

Good Luck - Have Fun
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 PM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Tech card is the sheet you fill out with your info and the car info.

Or, if you were asking how much is a tech card, it's $30 at e-town to run the Challenge.

I plan to be at Atco tuesday night. Perhaps you can make it out.
cool! thanks, ill certainly try to make it out tomorrow!

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Ok, I see. Good luck and that sounds like a cool truck.

That is funny, my 93 runs pretty consistent 13.50's. Even with 2.1X sixty foots....I'm working on that.

I think your goals of reaching 11's and keeping it street able are very doable. Being a auto this should be easier yet. Good Luck.
thanks! yeah, i think i just got the typical 2.73 auto car. 13.5's is right about where it should be i believe because thats what ive been seeing everywhere because it is 99% stock. we will see where this takes me!

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE

My Vette was 13.20 in the 1/4 when I first bought it. I replaced the converter and had a ECS tune installed. The results were 12.7's. Then I replaced the gears and no name headers with an x pipe brought me down to 12.2's to 12.3's.

It is not that easy to pick up ET. Don't be fooled by the writing on a box that claims you will pick up 25 HP.

I also replaced the air filter with a Vara Ram. This will help the vehicle breathe and be more efficient. All of the above equal consistent ET's if you plan on bracket racing.

The items that made my Vette competitive were: ECS tune, headers & X-pipe, converter, gears and Vara Ram. This is what I recommend to anyone beginning or looking to start racing - be competitive.

Good Luck - Have Fun
awesome!
good to know that there are so many people willing to help a newbie! its so cool too how the vette will take minor things and shave time off so quickly. because I had to build a 408 stroker in my truck to make it do 11's. and now i learn my vette could do that with a almost stock engine? very, very happy about all this!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Weather is going to be very good tonight...
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Not that difficult to get to the low 12s.....
Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

so who has some parts for sale to help me out? =D
Old 08-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Rj-lo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread resurrect. What.

I have CAI intake, LT headers, ECS tune, and Magnaflow axleback exhaust (stock H-pipe with gutted cats). recently did a gear swap in my A4 to 3.42 ratio and it was by far the best mod I had done for power pick up

Quick Reply: Best mods to start with? A4 LS1