Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

New Transmission lowers laptimes. Shifts with or without clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 PM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New Transmission lowers laptimes. Shifts with or without clutch.

ATTN: Drag Racers

How can you go faster without adding horsepower? You reduce the time between shifting gears, thus accelerating faster than the competition. The MTI Racing/PPG Dog Ring Transmission Conversion does exactly that. And you can still drive it on the street!

The Dog Ring Transmission Conversion fits inside your standard T56 transmission case and converts the internals to the pinnacle of performance. With this conversion, you strengthen the transmission AND reduce the time of every upshift by approximately .40 sec! This is a significant laptime improvement. If you want the competitive advantage, you need this transmission!

How does it work?
Essentially, you eliminate the need to use the clutch when upshifting.
FACT: - You lose acceleration and position when you push the clutch in to upshift.
The SECRET is: - Eliminate the need to use the clutch when upshifting

For example, imagine you are accelerating full throttle from 3rd to 4th. When it is time to upshift, you quickly lift off the gas pedal, PULL THE GEAR LEVER, then quickly go back to full throttle. The shift action is SO FAST, it will already be in the next gear faster than you can get back on the throttle. By getting back on the throttle so quickly, you gain approximately a ½ car length on everyone else, on every upshift! Think about it. In one 1/4 mile pass, you could advance almost 2 car lengths. (because of MORE time at full throttle vs. wasted time spent shifting) And you can still drive it on the street!

That’s an MTI Hardcore advantage!

The secret is in the design of the high-quality parts. Pfitzner (PPG) manufactures a brilliant profile on the gear shapes which surpasses the competition in ultra low-friction and exceptional durability. Its helical design also offers low gear noise while having a high power rating.

So, when you want the competitive advantage, go with this transmission conversion!
Just ship us your transmission (ie. good, usable core), and we'll return to you a complete PPG/MTI Racing upgraded transmission that is "ready to install".

Features:
- Fits into your same factory T56 Corvette Transmission Case
- Maintains your same factory "H" pattern
- Maintains your same clutch

Benefits:
- Extremely fast shifting
- Quicker laptimes
- Faster acceleration
- Higher power rating (1000hp)
- Can be shifted with or without clutch
- Can be driven on the street

Conversion Includes: (all internals replaced upon conversion)
- Drive Gears
- Counter-Gears
- Input Gear
- Shift Dog-Rings
- Billet Shift Forks
- Dog-Rings Sliders
- Reverse Idler Gear
- Shift Rail Mechanism
- Main Shaft

Gear ratios: 2.437 / 1.611 / 1.228 / 1.000 / 0.875 / 0.777
Horsepower Rating: 1000hp

We are offering a SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER.
Normal price is $8450 Built.

Special Price of $6995 Built!

(you send us a good usable core, and we exchange/trade-in the old internals)
Yes, you send us your transmission, get upgraded with the finest components in the industry, for only $6995.

Please contact MTI Racing at:
(770) 919-7774 or stephen(at)MTIRacing(dot)com

Product link:
http://www.mtiracing.com/Purchase/20...Road-Race.html

Check out this video of the transmission in action!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by MTI RACING
ATTN: Drag Racers

How can you go faster without adding horsepower? You reduce the time between shifting gears, thus accelerating faster than the competition. The MTI Racing/PPG Dog Ring Transmission Conversion does exactly that. And you can still drive it on the street!

The Dog Ring Transmission Conversion fits inside your standard T56 transmission case and converts the internals to the pinnacle of performance. With this conversion, you strengthen the transmission AND reduce the time of every upshift by approximately .40 sec! This is a significant laptime improvement. If you want the competitive advantage, you need this transmission!
Nice product. You probably mean .04 seconds?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like a real strong trans set up, expensive for sure but it should get the job done nicely for those that keep eating T-56s.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 PM
vetteman9368
Team Owner

Location: I have no tolerence for liberals and fools, but sometimes i repeat myself
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CI 3-5-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Why not a straight cut gear?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like it should work like a Liberty trans, but its about $15,000 less
Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
vetteman9368
Team Owner

Location: I have no tolerence for liberals and fools, but sometimes i repeat myself
CI 3-5-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jpee
It looks like it should work like a Liberty trans, but its about $15,000 less
Liberty, g force, and Jerico all have straight cut gears......
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
4 Speed Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts

I'll be honest you should market this to road racers only, true drag guys who are serious already know how to properly powershift, i.e. foot on the floor 100% of the time and blip the clutch fast enough to change the gears. Or have a G-Force or Jerico that is can be shifted clutchless. Notice I didn't say a clutchless trans. A drag racer wants a consistant pass every time. Letting off the throttle to shift will not produce that I don't care if you need the clutch or not.

The ratios are all wrong for a drag car as well. This appears to be a fine road race transmission but not a drag transmission.

Here is what a Jerico 4 speed sounds like, no clutch and this is NOT a clutchless transmission. With the correct clutch tuning and a Jerico DR4 you too can do this.

As I said before the gear ratios are not good for drag racing. My Nova below has a 3.08 1st gear and a 5.00 rear gear. 15.4 starting line ratio leaving at 6200 rpm all on a 30x9.0 tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYJt...37AUAAAAAAADAA
Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
vetteman9368
Team Owner

CI 3-5-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 4 Speed Dave
I'll be honest you should market this to road racers only, true drag guys who are serious already know how to properly powershift, i.e. foot on the floor 100% of the time and blip the clutch fast enough to change the gears. Or have a G-Force or Jerico that is can be shifted clutchless. Notice I didn't say a clutchless trans. A drag racer wants a consistant pass every time. Letting off the throttle to shift will not produce that I don't care if you need the clutch or not.

The ratios are all wrong for a drag car as well. This appears to be a fine road race transmission but not a drag transmission.

Here is what a Jerico 4 speed sounds like, no clutch and this is NOT a clutchless transmission. With the correct clutch tuning and a Jerico DR4 you too can do this.

As I said before the gear ratios are not good for drag racing. My Nova below has a 3.08 1st gear and a 5.00 rear gear. 15.4 starting line ratio leaving at 6200 rpm all on a 30x9.0 tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYJt...37AUAAAAAAADAA
Agreed! Fellow class racer?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman9368
Agreed! Fellow class racer?
From a former Comp racer...I ran a D/A back when D/A index was 8.60 .... I think now its close to 8.00 I'll have to look it up...

I used to "LOVE" to shift the "Liberty" hell I never even looked at the shift light for the 1-2 shift. I'd pop the clutch on the line, & yank it back into 2nd .. probably before the 60' clock

I still get a rush thinking about those good old days (for me anyway)

Get notified of new replies

To New Transmission lowers laptimes. Shifts with or without clutch.

Quick Reply: New Transmission lowers laptimes. Shifts with or without clutch.