Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

HPS FLORIDA Getting New Stocker Ready For The Gators

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPS FLORIDA Getting New Stocker Ready For The Gators

Just picked up a new C5 to run NHRA D/SA Stock Eliminator class. Got the car just over a week ago and the "thrashing" has started. Car must be ready to undergo tech next Wednesday for the Gator Nationals.

Want to express our thanks and gratitude to Nick at American Racing Headers and Dave from Yank Converters for coming on board and helping get this project completed. Great guys, great products-what more needs to be said!

Here's a couple pictures of what's happening.

The crazy part is Jeremy wants to run the car at PBIR tomorrow. Stock Eliminator motor is being installed right now. Gears and converter change are underway. Looks like the Mustang dyno will be working late tonight!

If all goes well will be in Gainesville on Wednesday. Qualifying runs are Thursday. If any Forum members are going to be there, please look us up!

Rog Preston
Attached Images    
Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck guys... What is the D/SA index.. I'm sure you will have no problem running it also are you allowed to run a solid rear axle ? Or do you have to run the independent rear ?

Can you provide any more info on the car i.e. what rear end gear ratio, I know cam selection is held close to the vest ..what converter 4000 I'm all ears please anything you can post I'd love to read...

I'm "VERY" interested on how you guys do, please post or PM me the drivers name so I can follow it in the results page of NHRA this weekend....

Good Luck & Go get-em

Last edited by jpee; 03-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be there Saturday. What time of the day is that class run?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jpee
Good luck guys... What is the D/SA index.. I'm sure you will have no problem running it also are you allowed to run a solid rear axle ? Or do you have to run the independent rear ?

Can you provide any more info on the car i.e. what rear end gear ratio, I know cam selection is held close to the vest ..what converter 4000 I'm all ears please anything you can post I'd love to read...

I'm "VERY" interested on how you guys do, please post or PM me the drivers name so I can follow it in the results page of NHRA this weekend....

Good Luck & Go get-em
Hey John,

D/SA index is 11.55 for the 1/4 mile. Although we could change over to the solid rear we will continue to run the independent suspension the car came with. Worked well in the previous car and besides, not enough time to change it! The converter is by Dave at Yank. Headers are by Nick at ARH. Both these guys really went out of their way to get them to us. Thankfully we do this stuff for a living as it's no easy task to put together a competitive race ready car in just days!

The car will have a 4.10 gear. Weight has to be 3400+ lbs so will be adding weight to make class.

The driver is Jeremy Preston, President of Horsepower Sales of Florida. He is also the tuner. Lot of drag racing experience.

Appreciate the interest and the kind words. Will try to keep the updates coming. You can follow the whole Gatornationals next week on www.dragracecentral.com Of course NHRA members can listen to the audiocast live. Qualifying starts Thursday for us.

Rog Preston
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dogboy
I will be there Saturday. What time of the day is that class run?
Schedule right now says gates open Saurday at 7 AM and sportsman eliminations start at 8 AM. Drag Race Central usually posts the "official" NHRA schedule the night before so take a look.

Hope to see you there!

Roger
Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck. Can't wait to see what it runs.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
jpee
Race Director

Rog...

Thanks for the "Heads Up" ...are they (NHRA) having "Class" racing at this event..Where you guys will run only vs other D/SA for a "Class win" then they (NHRA) usually have the "Stock" eliminator class..

I know if they have just class eliminations you will be running other D/SA heads up...

That I know will tough on you guys with "NO" previous experience with this car, and no time to "dial it in" ...maybe they will only have "Class" in SS or no "Class" racing.. it will be just a bracket race unless the ladder puts you guys up against another D/SA then its a "Heads UP" race...although I've heard the LS motors are doing well in class racing... I'll be keeping an eye on you guys.... Good Luck Again !!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Rog...

Thanks for the "Heads Up" ...are they (NHRA) having "Class" racing at this event..Where you guys will run only vs other D/SA for a "Class win" then they (NHRA) usually have the "Stock" eliminator class..

I know if they have just class eliminations you will be running other D/SA heads up...

That I know will tough on you guys with "NO" previous experience with this car, and no time to "dial it in" ...maybe they will only have "Class" in SS or no "Class" racing.. it will be just a bracket race unless the ladder puts you guys up against another D/SA then its a "Heads UP" race...although I've heard the LS motors are doing well in class racing... I'll be keeping an eye on you guys.... Good Luck Again !!
John,

I believe NHRA will have "Class Eliminations' at the Gators. This is run during the qualifying sessions. You're right, we will be at a bit of a handicap for this. However, come race eliminations it's a bracket race unless you get paired up with another car in your class-then it is heads up. The Stock quota for the Gators is 80 cars. Right now they have 78 entries. Just have to wait and see how qualifying goes and see how the ladder falls!

Roger
Old 03-03-2012, 06:28 AM
16Again
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Ready to hit the track?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Congrats guys and best of success to you this season.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
16Again
Team Owner

Rumor has it the boyzzz finished the C5 just after 3am. Now sitting on trailer only a few miles from track. When the gates open this afternoon, testing will be in full swing.
Good Luck guy's hope it goes well.

Roger, I'll give you a call around 5:30 to see if it's in the 9's yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
littlefranks
Racer

Originally Posted by 16Again
Rumor has it the boyzzz finished the C5 just after 3am. Now sitting on trailer only a few miles from track. When the gates open this afternoon, testing will be in full swing.
Good Luck guy's hope it goes well.

Roger, I'll give you a call around 5:30 to see if it's in the 9's yet.
i left at 2am.jeremy closed shop.took the hood off at 10.30 am.went to docs and lunch.back on car at 2pm. dinner brake at 6 .7pm back on .hood gear oil .topped of trans fluid by 1.30 am.we pulled off the impossible.it was kool to have boss working in shop slowing me down///lol///
Old 03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Originally Posted by littlefranks
i left at 2am.jeremy closed shop.took the hood off at 10.30 am.went to docs and lunch.back on car at 2pm. dinner brake at 6 .7pm back on .hood gear oil .topped of trans fluid by 1.30 am.we pulled off the impossible.it was kool to have boss working in shop slowing me down///lol///
Hope I'm at the shop when Jeremy reads this.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy just won Round 2 on a double BO. Round 3 is tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here she is in race trim...

Way to go guys!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 PM
jpee
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dave-T
Jeremy just won Round 2 on a double BO. Round 3 is tomorrow.
Way to go Jeremy ! Keep up the good work, & hope you don't have to race another D/SA..... It looks like its a KILLER CLASS...

If you can let us know how you look on the ladder ...will you get paired with another car in your class ???

Last edited by jpee; 03-10-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Way to go Jeremy ! Keep up the good work, & hope you don't have to race another B/SA..... It looks like its a KILLER CLASS...

If you can let us know how you look on the ladder ...will you get paired with another car in your class ???
I heard tomorrow's round is against a Cobra Jet Mustang...I/stock I think, dialing high 9's @ 145!

Get notified of new replies

To HPS FLORIDA Getting New Stocker Ready For The Gators

Old 03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
jpee
Race Director

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I heard tomorrow's round is against a Cobra Jet Mustahe has to race....

ng...A/stock Auto I think, dialing high 9's @ 145!
Here is who he is racing A/SA

A/SA 11.00 9.827 -1.173 Charlie Fitzsimmons
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Thanks to everyone who's wished us luck and good fortune. The power of the Forum is greatly appreciated! Round 3 is at 8AM tomorrow morning. Results are posted on www.dragracecentral.com in minutes.
If any Forum members are here at the Gators, please stop and say hello.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:01 AM
16Again
Team Owner

Jeremy went .001 Red in round 3...
I think since the car was built in a few days, tested for an hour, torn apart, placed on trailer to the Gators. He and the car actually did very well under the circumstances.

Quick Reply: HPS FLORIDA Getting New Stocker Ready For The Gators