Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Monster Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Stage 3

hey all, i'm gonna be doing a new clutch very soon in my 2004 Z06 and i'm still in the mix of deciding which one to go with...My car is a DD and it is also drag raced ..

I have vararam, full exhaust and a 150 wet shot..The car sits on mickey thompson ET street Radials..I'm going to be picking up a ECS trans brace from one of my friends as well..

My friend had the stage 3 in his 600rwhp Z06 and said that in order to get a good launch off the car you had to Dump it hard otherwise it would bog.... I don't wanna have to dump the clutch and put that kind of stress on my rear end just yet..

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this clutch as far as a DD and drag raced frequently
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Here's my .02

If you go with the stage 3, get a tick master and a remote bleeder as well. A new slave should be a given.

I drove about 4000 miles on the stage 3 in my car with 450 to the wheels. I put about 80 passes on it as well. It is a bit heavier than stock. Heavy traffic will suck. But for normal street driving it's perfectly fine.
When I pulled it out - to go auto - it looked almost new.
I would not suggest dumping the clutch at all. It will slip on the launch with a bit of practice. And it will hold at your power level.

If you dump the clutch, you will break things. One reason I'm going auto.

One other suggestion. If you are able to, get some ET streets bias ply. They are more forgiving on the launch.

Quick Reply: Monster Stage 3