Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

corvettecdhallenge.info and challengevideos.com web sites going to expire

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:33 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default corvettecdhallenge.info and challengevideos.com web sites going to expire

Hello fellow drag racers. Way too long since i started a thread here and sad to say, this is not a good one.

As you know the Corvette Challenge series is not quite as vibrant as it has been in the past. Thanks to those of you who keep the spirit alive.

The sites have been pretty much dormant for a few years. I have incurred the cost of server space and domain registrations just to keep the history there. Unfortunately it is no longer a cost i am willing to absorb and therefore will be letting the domains expire as well as my server contract.

Please visit the sites and download/save anything you may want to keep for yourself before the domains expire on April 12, 2016 (likely 12 AM so you really have until the 11th.

Since the sites are pretty much dormant there really is no work to keep them online should anyone want to take on the annual payments to keep the history there. It is roughly $160 a year for the server contract and registration of the two domains. i doubt anyone would want to do that but it is an option if you desire to keep the history there.

Another option is if someone has web sites and available server space we can talk about a domain transfer. I would think this would be a fairly easy option my server provider can help us with. I use ixwebhosting.com

Message/email or call me if you want to discuss either option

Otherwise; we had some great times with the Corvette Challenge and i am grateful for its creators and grateful that I was able to be a part of such a great series with such great people.

www.corvettechallenge.info
is the main domain with articles and photos.

www.challengevideos.com
is the site that holds all the videos.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:48 AM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Wow it was a good run Edgar,I made alot of friends from the CC,Some awsome video's.Thank you for all your hard work.To bad someone can't put all that on DVD's.And the duramax is still running strong!
The following users liked this post:
REDGAR (04-02-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 09:00 PM
boogieman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow....
Old 04-05-2016, 11:33 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Sad to see it go, but we are grateful to have been a part of one of the best race series ever put together.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Edgar, it did not go un noticed. (even if it felt that way sometimes)
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Hold the presses! We have a volunteer who has graciously offered to pay the fees for one more year. The two sites will remain 100% intact for the next year until we reach this point again but at least it gives us another year to think about whether or not to continue this. There were a couple of other volunteers that expressed interest but funding the site is the easiest way to keep it 100% intact.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:21 AM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
St. Jude Donor '07

Cool!! Thanks to who ever volunteered.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another chapter in drag racing history. Great vid's!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:26 AM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Special thanks to whoever saved the memories for us.

BTW, I can't view any of the videos, anyone know what player plugin is required?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by hookedup; 04-06-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:42 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by hookedup

BTW, I can't view any of the videos, anyone know what player plugin is required?

Thanks, Dave
I couldn't either,Had to download them first then watched them.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:08 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Originally Posted by hookedup
Special thanks to whoever saved the memories for us.

Thanks, Dave
Sorry Dave been long time since i was in there.
I looked at one of yours and having the same issue but i am on a Mac and most of the videos on there are in .wmv format for Windows which i do not have right now so cannot check.

Might be a fun project for our new supporter to work on

What are you trying to watch it on?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I took a trip down memory lane and watched a bunch of videos.

I also like that my car (the pickle, now belongs to Darby) is still in the banner on the challenge website!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:39 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Edgar,

Since you now living down here in Paradise you might be interested in the Challenge Reunion we are putting together on May 6th at PBIR.

Details are posted here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-may-6th.html

Be great to have you there!

Rog Preston
Old 04-08-2016, 12:36 PM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Edgar,

Thanks for the response, I'm using an HP w/ Windows 8, another HP w/ Windows 7. Don't know the video system, maybe latest Adobe? Everything else I try to view is fine on other sites. As far as I know everything is up to date.

Hope everybody out there is doing well,
Dave
Old 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Rog i have it in the tentative area of my calendar but not real sure right now.

Dave, doing very well thank you. Change has been good for both my wife and me. I am all Mac now and they don't run on my devices either but should be playable in the Windows windows. The download still work of you right?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

It is getting close to that time of year again so fair warning, site will be coming down in April.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVER456
Wow it was a good run Edgar,I made alot of friends from the CC,Some awsome video's.Thank you for all your hard work.To bad someone can't put all that on DVD's.And the duramax is still running strong!
That is a good idea...
Lets all see if we can find a computer or A/V guy who can do this before 4/12..
Old 03-22-2017, 10:53 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I've reached out to a top notch video guy I know.

Get notified of new replies

To corvettecdhallenge.info and challengevideos.com web sites going to expire

Old 03-22-2017, 06:50 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Capthuff
I've reached out to a top notch video guy I know.
cool
Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Actually guys, the videos off the website would be pretty much a waste as a permanent archive. They are compressed and resized. The value of the site is the names and descriptions that went into the page creation to help find stuff which cost hours after each race to compile.

The original videos, in their full size and format sit on drives on a computer i have not started in years. If one wanted, I could see if it fires and i can put the files something if you want. The problem is the files themselves don't have those descriptions and names, they are just default file names sitting in folders with event numbers and years. To find one person's video would be very difficult to do without knowing when that person raced without watching them all.

They would not fit on one DVD, the raw stuff. It would be multiple or like a terabyte drive. I can try to fire up the machine and see if the drives in it still work (should) and then put them on one drive and you guys can do what ever you want after that. Still cost involved in replicating drives and buying and distributing drives and then you still you have to know you raced in a particular event and what class to look through all the generic file names to find you own videos. Not an easy task. If you recall i put not he web page if you want full size let me know and i maybe received a dozen requests EVER.

Your choice but if you are spending money, time and effort to get videos for the group off the site, you are not getting your full value. You are better off taking turns paying the annual fee involved in keeping the site hosted so you have that easy way to reference yourself.

Happy to help anyway you want.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Edgar, what is the annual fee?

Quick Reply: corvettecdhallenge.info and challengevideos.com web sites going to expire