Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Its officially for sale....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:42 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Its officially for sale....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593872514

- Travis
Old 02-28-2017, 10:00 PM
trayack
Drifting

The car is currently at SlowHawk Performance for a cam upgrade. Ditching the factory ZR1 cam for something a bit more worthy. Should be interesting to see the results. New owner will be assure the car is 100% fresh as everything is coming out in order to do the swap.

- Travis
Old 03-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Steve Haefner
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

just giveme dat 4L80, the new owner whats dat 6L80E from teh C6 :P LOL
Old 08-24-2017, 11:48 PM
trayack
Drifting

UPDATE

For those that don't know during another magazine's photo shoot the car decided to have the passenger headgasket let go. Luckily I was able to catch it very early and shut things down before any real damage occurred to any of the hard parts. The car was immediately shipped off to SlowHawk Performance for repairs, and I pulled it off the market until everything was back to 100%.

During the complete teardown it was discovered that the several of the cylinder sleeves in the ERL Superdeck block had shifted thus allowing coolant past the head gasket. The motor was then sent out to Precision Racing Technologies for a full rebuild. There it was torn down completely and the block was re-sleeved with new sleeves. Several other ERL machining mistakes were located and corrected at this time too. While everything was apart new rings and bearings were installed. The motor then came back to SlowHawk were it was reassembled with a new BTR custom turbo cam as it had been running a factory ZR1 cam which was clearly holding the car back.

As the car went back together it also received new drive shaft couplers as well as a new meth pump, larger injectors and a fresh tune from Don.

At this point the car now makes 821whp and 731trq at 19psi on the 93 pump gas street tune and 732whp/671trq at 15psi where it is set currently. (Mustang Dyno/unlocked converter) Basically, with the cam change the car has picked up over 100whp at every boost level as compared to the last cam yet still maintains extremely docile street manors.

It should be noted that the car's previous best/constant 9.29's with the old cam were run on 16psi of boost and in the mid 600's for HP on Don's dyno.

With the power increase the car should easily be in the 8.90s still running pump gas, using the foot brake, and not even on the 19psi setting.

The cost of these repairs/upgrades/labor has been north of $15,000 (receipts to interested parties). I will not be raising the price of the car, as I'm not that type of person. I'll just eat it and be quiet.

At this time the car is now back on the market and the asking price remains at $60,000 for EVERYTHING...car/drag pack/DW trailer ect. ect. ......

The car was one hell of a deal for the money before the all happened.....now, its even sweeter (for you...I get royally F'd)

Below is the latest dyno sheet....

Old 08-24-2017, 11:49 PM
trayack
Drifting

UPDATE

For those that don't know during another magazine's photo shoot the car decided to have the passenger headgasket let go. Luckily I was able to catch it very early and shut things down before any real damage occurred to any of the hard parts. The car was immediately shipped off to SlowHawk Performance for repairs, and I pulled it off the market until everything was back to 100%.

During the complete teardown it was discovered that the several of the cylinder sleeves in the ERL Superdeck block had shifted thus allowing coolant past the head gasket. The motor was then sent out to Precision Racing Technologies for a full rebuild. There it was torn down completely and the block was re-sleeved with new sleeves. Several other ERL machining mistakes were located and corrected at this time too. While everything was apart new rings and bearings were installed. The motor then came back to SlowHawk were it was reassembled with a new BTR custom turbo cam as it had been running a factory ZR1 cam which was clearly holding the car back.

As the car went back together it also received new drive shaft couplers as well as a new meth pump, larger injectors and a fresh tune from Don.

At this point the car now makes 821whp and 731trq at 19psi on the 93 pump gas street tune and 732whp/671trq at 15psi where it is set currently. (Mustang Dyno/unlocked converter) Basically, with the cam change the car has picked up over 100whp at every boost level as compared to the last cam yet still maintains extremely docile street manors.

It should be noted that the car's previous best/constant 9.29's with the old cam were run on 16psi of boost and in the mid 600's for HP on Don's dyno.

With the power increase the car should easily be in the 8.90s still running pump gas, using the foot brake, and not even on the 19psi setting.

The cost of these repairs/upgrades/labor has been north of $15,000 (receipts to interested parties). I will not be raising the price of the car, as I'm not that type of person. I'll just eat it and be quiet.

At this time the car is now back on the market and the asking price remains at $60,000 for EVERYTHING...car/drag pack/DW trailer ect. ect. ......

The car was one hell of a deal for the money before the all happened.....now, its even sweeter (for you...I get royally F'd)

Below is the latest dyno sheet....

Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 PM
trayack
Drifting

BUMP....

Price has officially been lowered to $55K for the complete turn key Drag Week ready setup.

- Travis

Get notified of new replies

To Its officially for sale....

Quick Reply: Its officially for sale....