Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Englishtown Corvette Challenge where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 05:19 PM
boogieman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ_phil
C6 Base, stock suspension.

I'm noticing more and more lift of the driver tire in relation to the pass tire as the car leaves and after 2nd shift. Back always slides to the right if it doesn't hook well, but easy enough to drive around it. Running NT05Rs, but still want the car to go straight as possible. No wheel hop at all....just some mild 10hz tire shake if they're cold...and I mean mild, can't feel it, only see it in the data.

Not very familiar with vette suspension/quirks and don't want to start buying stuff I don't need. Like a phadt drag bar unless it's needed.

Any recommendations?
Maybe try changing to an ET Street drag radial, that's what I been running. I too have the base model C6, simuliar mods but no ally with an A4. I haven't made a pass with the new setup yet though so I know that hooking is going to be something I'm gonna have to deal with. Running an 18" tire right now
Old 07-12-2017, 07:21 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Anything this year?
Old 07-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Jerseyvinny
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was never a regular at CC but did compete a few times. Biggest problem for many on Sunday is it's a long day. These last two years I've been running the 1/8 mile track at Englishtown which everyone forgot about on the Sundays when it's open. Small group of racers and if you run the gamblers race, you've got about 5 or 6 or 7 runs in by about 1 PM. Then you're free for the rest of the day. They're not fussy about who runs the trophy stock class. Hell, half the cars were towed in. The track is a little (actually a lot) more slippery than the 1/4 mile as most of the traffic is the junior dragsters and they make no torque. Don't laugh. The little brats are faster than we are. The guys that run it just want to have some fun without investing the entire day. Think about it.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:13 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Me, Dave T, and sometimes Todd Piano & Eric Fisher go on Wed night Gamblers race...
Old 07-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Tsab
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The Corvette Challenge was a good series. Unfortunately, the financial meltdown and other issues such as people moving out of the area and others just moving on etc didn't help with participation. I remember days when we had 80 cars or more. Those were good days.

Quick Reply: Englishtown Corvette Challenge where did everyone go?