Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Test-N-Tune-C2- Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 12:25 AM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,875 Likes on 913 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Test-N-Tune-C2- Video

I went to a track I'd never been to before on Friday night. Great little track- Pine Valley Raceway in Lufkin TX.

This was another attempt at an 8 sec pass...but only managed a 9.10@158.56. Still getting things dialed in.

I had a new set of slicks...the 7 year old M/T's would spin a lot after the initial launch and on a shift. I also backed off the clutch static pressure in the McLeod Soft Lok.

Turns out I can back off a lot more! Had to come out at low RPM to keep from blowing tires off...then when the boost hit and the 1-2 shift came up it was picking the wheels up enough that they could even see it in the tower. It's done it before...but definitely a lot more this time.

I'm going to re-install some adjustable coil overs instead of the Moroso's and 90/10's on the front to calm down the wheelies. Great for pics but not the fastest way down the track.

Heading back for another track rental this weekend in Houston to see how close I can get.

BTW- shift ball broke and came off in my hand on this pass during the 1-2 shift...had to make shifts by grabbing the stick!

Also, lucked out and bought a new hardtop for it. The 50+ year old laquer paint matches awful darn close to my 25 year old basecoat/clear paint!

JIM
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 AM
73C34me
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Awesome run and an awesome car! Thnx for sharing.
Originally Posted by 427Hotrod
I went to a track I'd never been to before on Friday night. Great little track- Pine Valley Raceway in Lufkin TX.

This was another attempt at an 8 sec pass...but only managed a 9.10@158.56. Still getting things dialed in.

I had a new set of slicks...the 7 year old M/T's would spin a lot after the initial launch and on a shift. I also backed off the clutch static pressure in the McLeod Soft Lok.

Turns out I can back off a lot more! Had to come out at low RPM to keep from blowing tires off...then when the boost hit and the 1-2 shift came up it was picking the wheels up enough that they could even see it in the tower. It's done it before...but definitely a lot more this time.

I'm going to re-install some adjustable coil overs instead of the Moroso's and 90/10's on the front to calm down the wheelies. Great for pics but not the fastest way down the track.

Heading back for another track rental this weekend in Houston to see how close I can get.

BTW- shift ball broke and came off in my hand on this pass during the 1-2 shift...had to make shifts by grabbing the stick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKxR96sfqQ

Also, lucked out and bought a new hardtop for it. The 50+ year old laquer paint matches awful darn close to my 25 year old basecoat/clear paint!

JIM

Quick Reply: Test-N-Tune-C2- Video