Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

I went racing yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:39 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default I went racing yesterday....

well, almost...

I went up to Gainesville for an event yesterday...took of at 6:30AM...on the way to the track I stopped to fill up the race car...I have not raced since memorial day...my buddy and I could not get the gas cap off the race car...it was broken and would not release...we finally had to bust it off...I filled up and stuck a towel in for the rest of the ride...

I get to the track and when we roll the car off the trailer the front of it goes straight up in the air...WTF!...turns out the big nut that holds the ball onto the hitch was AWOL....I towed 2.5 hours like that...sheesh...very lucky boy to be sure...we jury rigged my gas cap with duct tape, etc. and off I went to make a pass...by the head of the staging lanes the gas fumes had me bleary eyed and in burning tears...

I gave up and went to turn around when I noticed my coolant temp was way high...what next!...back in the pits we find my water pump has quit working so that's what's next...I finally give up on racing and begin to fix my hitch so we can tow home...I find an Ace hardware and buy a new ball and nut...back to the track but the shaft is too small so it wobbles...I have a weight distribution hitch so it is a fat boy...

Back out on my grand tour of Gainesville and I find the correct one at Tractor Supply...I buy it and then go back to Ace to return that one...this mess only took 3 hours...anyway...we replace the ball and load the car...I have another big event next weekend at Orlando so we will be replacing the water pump and gas cap this week...I am going to try to put on a screw type cap...I have had quite enough of the other kind with that little twisty pop up thingy...

Chief Dan Blackcloud kicked my azz yesterday but like Arnold...I'll be back...thanks to Red 69 for all the help...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 09-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I must say, going racing with you is always an adventure, where anything could happen. The good news is, these problems are not likely to resurface next weekend and put you back in the game..
Old 09-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

LOL...sometimes I feel like a walking version of Murphy's law...thanks again for all your help...I am over it and ready to hurt some feelings next weekend...

Get notified of new replies

To I went racing yesterday....

Quick Reply: I went racing yesterday....