Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Retired road course racer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 12:33 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Retired road course racer

Because of a serious injury while racing the road course circuit I have had to retire from door to door racing. So since I still have the itch I am thinking about doing some local drag racing in my 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition. Want to keep the car as much as a street car as possible only work has been some engine mods by Lingenfelter. Tried some late last year with PS Cup tires and it did not go well, lots of tire spin. So am going to put some drag radials on the car for this summer and my question is do I need to put TPMS sensors in the wheels with the drag radials. I know, rookie question but having never done the drag race scene I am rather naïve on what to do. The race car was never a street car it was built as a race car from day one on a C5 platform so did not need to worry about all the electronic stuff, it had none.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Tsab
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I ran my C-5 which had TPSM with out the sensors. It was fine, you just get an error in the DID. I had a pair of Drag radials which didn't have the monitors and my fronts did, it just gave me a error message.

Afterward went with a CCW drag pack and same thing just an warning in the DID. I would think the C-6 would be about the same.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:19 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsab
I ran my C-5 which had TPSM with out the sensors. It was fine, you just get an error in the DID. I had a pair of Drag radials which didn't have the monitors and my fronts did, it just gave me a error message.

Afterward went with a CCW drag pack and same thing just an warning in the DID. I would think the C-6 would be about the same.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:51 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

No problems on either my C5Z or C6Z without them.

Get notified of new replies

To Retired road course racer

Quick Reply: Retired road course racer