Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Bigfoot $40K's....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Bigfoot $40K's....

I towed up to Darlington SC for this event...40 grand to win each day, footbraking...I drove good but my car let me down...qwap!...

The weather was wonderful...highs in the 60's and low humidity...DA was from +480 to +2200...the first day my time shot was 6.61...I put 62 on the window and went 63 whomping...I treed my guy...next up I got a gift red eye so I ran it for info...I went 6.64...OK, third round I dial 65 and off we go...it is tight at the stripe and I lose on a double breakout going 6.60...yipers, that is 5 numbers under, not good...

The second day they give us one time shot as well...I go 6.62...the car is running good...BTW, I don't want to lose first round since the buy backs are 200 bucks each day...first round I am 19 take 12 for the win...nice smooth run, whomping at the stripe...second round I put 6.64 on and off we go...another double breakout but with me going 6.57 and whomping...WTH!...where did that come from...sheesh...I was heading for a 56 for goodness sake...this is not good...

The last day we get no time shot so I have no idea what to dial at this point...I decide the 57 was an aberration...maybe a leaf hit the beams or some such...the car had never, ever been that quick...the closest was in January two years ago it went a 58 with a DA of -800...the DA yesterday was +1250 at the time...

So I dial 6.64 based on my previous time slips from the past two mornings...I race a guy dialed 6.08 and of we go...I tree him a bit and at the stripe he is not going to get there...I whomp real good and lose on another double breakout going 6.58...the entire weekend I never lost on the tree and I tightened up the stripe by .010 to .015, never more...I was driving well..

I checked and double checked the car at the track but could find nothing wrong or different...I currently have no idea why it went so fast...here is an enigma for y'all...on the second day when it went a 57 whomping, the DA went up from 480 to 1250 from my previous run which was....wait for it.....6.638...how the heck do you go almost 7 numbers faster when tghe air is much worse?...holy moly!...

Anyway, I had a great weekend...saw some old friends and made some new ones...next up is the NHRA points at orlando on May 5th...
Old 04-24-2018, 10:00 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I watched from round 4 to the end of it on the live feed Sunday.

Some big hitter there. No real surprise. One of the local racers up here got to 10 cars on Sunday.

Tis odd how your car picked up so much.

Good luck in Orlando.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

There was a good size NJ contingent there...one guy named Joe Duckin? had a black s dime dialed 5.66 all day on saturday...he made the final but lost to Nasty Nick Hastings...nick broke his tranny and only had high gear from round 3 on...he deep staged it and had two trip zip trees that way...nicest young man you ever met...just don't line up with him...
Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Yeh, I’ve heard all about Nasty Nick. Seems like a good dude. Hell of a driver for sure.

Dave Harvey Jr won a gambler’s race and got to 10 cars. That’s the guy I know.

Get notified of new replies

To Bigfoot $40K's....

Quick Reply: Bigfoot $40K's....