Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Anyone use Launch Control or Clutch Tamer?? stick shift racing assist

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:08 AM
maroon88iroc
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Anyone use Launch Control or Clutch Tamer?? stick shift racing assist

I just broke my dif and transmission output shaft due to the shock of my (overkill) twin disc clutch.

In my local area we have a lot of serious stick shift racers and I have been told I should have been using a clutch tamer. I have never heard about these or a launch control system but after doing just a little bit of research I am blown away and cant believe I have not heard of this before. I guess people don't really talk about it bc it is definitely an "assist"

clutchtamer.com is what most people use, it is a mechanical devise to slow the clutch throw, this is what everyone in my area uses but they have foxbody mustangs with cable clutch, I have found some launch control devises that do the same thing with a line lock type adjustable solenoid that is placed between the master cylinder and the slave cylinder to slow the fluid flow therefor causes a precise amount of clutch slip. The nice thing about this system is it will only affect the launch where the clutch tamer affects every shift.

This looks like gods gift to stick shift racing bc it takes driver error out of the launch, you just side step the clutch and the pedal will throw the exact same every time.

I just bought a stock C5 Z06 T56 & dif from a friend that swapped it out for a customer bc 6th gear was grinding, I paid only $300 bucks for the pair so I have nothing really invested. Thinking about trying the launch control to save the shock on the stock components and see how long it lasts.

I found this one that I am thinking about purchasing:

http://magnusmotorsports.com/product...ontrol-device/

Here is the manual Clutch Tamer:

www.clutchtamer.com
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2018, 11:03 AM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Check out this thread. I was thinking about using one of these-But will go auto

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ghlight=magnus

Quick Reply: Anyone use Launch Control or Clutch Tamer?? stick shift racing assist