Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:09 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 300 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....

I just got in from the track and it is almost 2AM...very long day...I went down to Palm Beach today for their last points event of the year...I had a rain check from January so I thought I'd better use it...lol...

I got there when the gates opened at 2PM...it is about an hour and 45 minute tow for me...I parked next to 96 Collector and he helped me unload my car...thanks Rick...we got our first time shot at around 4PM...this is the ugly part...I did not hold down the brake pedal hard enough so I was rolling through the lights as they dropped...I had a -035 tree and ran a 6.80 knowing I was in deep but not exactly where...sigh...

My engine guy and friend was going to run his wifes Malibu but the fuel pump quit before he could make a pass...he was going to test my car for the changes we had made last Wed. night but we never made it to orlando....so...I put him in my car to kill two birds with one stone...he made three passes and this is the good part...it was very consistent with 1.44 short times every run and going 4.23 to the 330' each run...pretty damn good for a 93 pump gas buggy...

The bad part is he went out in round two by giving it back by 9 thou...still not bad since he hadn't been in the car since memorial day 2017...teh dyno tune and fixing the needle and seats in the carb really helped smooth things out...it also picked up some going 6.63 in the 1/8 with pea soup air...stupid hot and humid with a DA near +4000...all in all we found out the inconsistency is now on me so I need to step it up...the car is all good...

Next up is the Drag Race for the Cure back at palm beach on Oct. 7th...it benefits Cystic Fybrosis...I sure hope a cool front comes in soon...the heat index today was 105*...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 09-23-2018 at 02:10 AM.

Quick Reply: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....