Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Short and not so Sweet...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Short and not so Sweet...

I went to Orlando Speedworld today for the Summit event...I unloaded about 2:20PM and did my usual checks...the radiator was a little low so we put some water in it...oops!...I turned on the water pump (electric) and nuttin' honey...strange indeed since I raced two weeks ago and all was fine...I had not touched the car since...anyway, the pump was getting power and it got too hot to touch...no mystery here...bad pump...back on the trailer...we will fix it this week and be ready for the next event on the 20th back at Orlando...

Something seems amiss since this water pump is not that old...oh well...we will just replace the motor this time and buy a spare motor to have ready just in case...I am a little aggravated but that's drag racing sometimes...
Old 04-07-2019, 06:31 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

FD,

Good to see you yesterday at OSW. Too bad about the water pump but at least you were close to home and not at some track hundreds of mile away for some $50K to win race that you like so much!

I had a pretty good night going rounds in both Pro/No Box and Sportsman/Street. I lost in Sportsman against one of the best OSW racers in a grey primer 70 Chevelle when I had a .007 light but could not run the number. I was spooked by that and made a last second change on my dial from 7.60 to 7.62 in the next round of Pro against another great racer in s nice late 60's / early 70's silver Mustang. I had a good .022 light and took the stripe only to see his win light come on and a 7.615 appear on the scoreboard in my lane! By this time the sky was full of lightning bolts and rain was in the area so at least I got loaded up and on the road before I ran into rain. They were going round-robin to beat the rain so I don't know if they were able to finish the race.

Good luck in your upcoming big money footbrake race. I am going to start calling you "Big Money Fuzzy"
Old 04-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Nice going, Mac...you have things turned around nicely...I am very happy for you...the guy in the chevelle was James Thompson, last years track champ in both street and Pro...lol...you had him...sigh... the mustang was Ken Wood who is a very experienced racer...you had him as well...note to self: stay the heck away from Mac...lol...

We will fix the pump and I will see you on the 20th...again, nice job my friend...

Get notified of new replies

To Short and not so Sweet...

Quick Reply: Short and not so Sweet...