Notices
Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the & 1/8 mile, Events
CF Timeslip database

So how's this for a close race?

Old 04-18-2019, 06:43 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 210 Likes on 163 Posts
Default So how's this for a close race?

Unfortunately I was on the losing end of it though - I lost by 11 ten thousandths of a second and it's now the closest race I've ever been in before. The announcer in the tower said the margin of victory at the stripe was 2.3".

Even though I ran dead on my number there was no way for me to win as he cut a better light and had I beaten him by that margin (instead of the other way around), doing so would have resulted in me breaking out and subsequently losing.

So close....

Old 04-19-2019, 10:23 AM
Capthuff
AMP Racing member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 137 Posts
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Well done! Too bad you were on the losing end of it. Looks like both of you scrubbed a bit of speed as you crossed.

Worst loss I’ve had was .0005 giving back the stripe. That was very disappointing as I had tree’d him pretty good.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:45 PM
kazman
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few weeks ago I thought I lost a close one. Compared to you guys I lost by a mile. My .023 light vs his .003 and lost on the top end by .003. Our dial in's weren't that close as we were dancing the finish.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So how's this for a close race?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: