Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Cross One Item Off My "Bucket List"

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 06:28 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Cross One Item Off My "Bucket List"

Yesterday I was able to cross off one major item on my "bucket list" when I ran into the 9's at the OSW Test & Tune session with my "new" 2012 C6 GS. It has been a five year journey to get to this point since the start of the initial build by a now defunct shop. I want to thank Geoff Skorka at Next Level Performance in Longwood, FL. for his patience and expertise to sort out the multitude of problems that came from the build. Over the last 2 plus years it seems the car has spent more time in his shop than my garage. Holding the time slip (attached) makes all my time and frustration (not to mention money) worth it. I also could not have done it without the support (moral and financial!) from my wonderful wife of 45 years. I plan to continue to race my trusty C5 in the OSW points program until I get T&T seat time in the C6. Going from a high 11 second / 120MPH car to a 9 second 140MPH car is quite a change.

Last edited by BIGMAC; 04-30-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:11 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I know you have been through a lot with this car so I am very happy for you to finally begin to get it sorted out...great news, Mac... see you on the 11th...
Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 AM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Congrats Mac. Glad everything is finally coming together for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Cross One Item Off My "Bucket List"

Quick Reply: Cross One Item Off My "Bucket List"