Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Africa hot and Brazil humid...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 06:55 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 315 Likes on 141 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Africa hot and Brazil humid...

I raced on Friday and Saturday in Orlando and it was stupid weather..I was invited to a private track rental on Friday so I went to work on my top bulb leaving skills..I had no idea how hot it would be..sheesh!..

The rental was from 10AM to 5PM..I took my first hit at noon..I had 1010 in the box and was 14 red..this is getting old..I went to pick up some lunch for everyone and while waiting for it I almost went down..the heat got me and I barely made it back to the track..I was hydrating but forgot one thing..I take a water pill every day so I was losing everything I drank way too fast..btw, my pas was a 1.38 short, 4.10 to the 330' and 6.45 to the 8th..

I stayed cool and rank a bunch of liquids until 4:20PM and made my only other pass..I still did not feel great but, oh well..this time I was 40 on the tree and went, yup, 1.38, 4.10 and 6.45...obviously the truck is ready..lol..the driver, well, no comment..so I left my junk at the track for the Summit event the next day..

Arrived back at the track on Saturday morning, wiped down the truck, went through tech, fueled up and waited for my time shot..I am running Super Pro..I leave the box alone to see what happens..I did not take my water pill on purpose..I made one more change..I took my racing gloves off and ran without them...I was trying to get a bit more feel on the button..anything to find some decent r/t's..I was .017 on the hit and went 6.430..the air is not as bad as yesterday...oh yeah, on Friday the temp was 94* with 95% humidity and sun shining brightly..ugh..

Anyway, I am feeling a bit better today, staying cool and hydrating a bunch..first round I line up with a dragster who happens to be leading in points...nice going, Dan...I put 6.42 on mine and off we go..he is 20 on the tree chasing but I am 9..I go one above for the win..maybe I am beginning to catch on to this top bulb stuff..

Second round I get another dragster dialed 4.68...I leave 42 on mine..everything is good until I fall out of the truck..I fully stage, hit the button and go up on the two step..that is when I apparently forgot where I was..lmao..I saw the top bulb light and sat there..I watched the bulbs drop and sat there...I finally realized I was supposed to let go and it was over by then..I had a sparkling 2.21 r/t and coasted down the track...he was trip zip, btw..

It seems like every now and then I revert to my bottom bulb days..I cannot do that, not ever..I am gonna keep trying but if I can't shake this habit I will need to re-assess..sigh..next up is Bradenton on Memorial Day weekend if I get my trailer fixed..I goofed up on Friday and when I unhooked my trailer to go home for the evening I forgot to pull out the harness plug...ripped all the wires out...typical dopey dan stuff..I'll get on that repair tomorrow..
The following 2 users liked this post by Fuzzy Dice:
C5 Pete (05-12-2024), larrywalk (05-21-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 07:46 AM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll be racing this weekend at irr. Hopefully you get your trailer fixed. Hopefully I'll see you in Bradenton. I don't race at Bradenton much sometimes only 3 times a year. But always a good time.

Quick Reply: Africa hot and Brazil humid...