Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Whoa, I scored...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 12:56 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the parts toghether for a new 415 buildup. Scoured the universe and found a virgin 400 block and put it in to the machinists. While I'm waiting to see whether my old stroker crankshaft checks out, one of the machinist's customers gives up on a project he was working on. I bought it. Here's what $1,500 gets you these days:

--400 SBC block, bored .030" over, splayed 4-bolt main caps installed, line honed and ready to go.

--Forged Eagle crankshaft (P/N 440037505700).

--5.7" Eagle H beam rods (P/NCR55700B3D) With ARP bolts.

--A set of brand new forged, coated JE pistons. (P/N 131633)

--Plus rings, bearings, yadda, yadda.

The guy was building a 406 blower setup and ran out of cash. I need to offload the pistons because they have a 36 c.c. inverted dome and will only give me a 7.75-8.1 compression ratio with my 73 c.c. heads.

All in all, I'm a happy camper because now I have one to build and one to bank. Anybody know anybody building a blown 406? I can make a screaming deal on a kick-*** set of pistons for that application.
Old 07-22-2001, 01:02 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jack,

Not a bad deal at all !!!

The whole strip gang was talking about you yesterday.... you gotta get that thing back together and get back out and join us !!!

later
Beach

Old 07-22-2001, 06:28 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

good deal!
Old 07-23-2001, 01:49 AM
korvetkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, now just score me that same deal

What all are you sellin with the other 406, I was thinkin NA 406, I dunno what my dad would think about the extra funds needed for the blower setup.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:06 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Beach! How was Hawaii? I guess you're an honest man now, huh? Congrats. Believe me, I'm working on getting back out there. I've been down to spectate from the Peanut Gallery a couple of times. Saw Gary running last week or the week before.

korvetkeith, just the pistons and rings. They're for a .030" 400 block (4.155" bore) and a 5.7" rod setup. They're really nice pieces and brand new in the box. I just can't use them because there's no way in heck I can shift gears and build a blower engine at this point. Unless you know someone who wants to GIVE me a 6-71 or 8-71 setup out of the kindness of their heart...

Old 07-23-2001, 04:02 AM
korvetkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing how just a set of pistons can set your mind running. I'm thinking with a 64cc head those would be ~ 8.8 maybe mill the head to 58-60cc for about 9-1, then a centrifigal blower at 12 lbs intercooled, I know the LT1 guys put a lot of power to the ground with those sorts of setups.

How much are 12lb kits with intercoolers?
Old 07-24-2001, 07:04 PM
The Dude
Race Director

More'n I have, that's for sure.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:41 AM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Sweet:
[B
Beach! How was Hawaii? I guess you're an honest man now, huh? Congrats. Believe me, I'm working on getting back out there. I've been down to spectate from the Peanut Gallery a couple of times. Saw Gary running last week or the week before.

korvetkeith, just the pistons and rings. They're for a .030" 400 block (4.155" bore) and a 5.7" rod setup. They're really nice pieces and brand new in the box. I just can't use them because there's no way in heck I can shift gears and build a blower engine at this point. Unless you know someone who wants to GIVE me a 6-71 or 8-71 setup out of the kindness of their heart...

[/B][/color]
Jack, I was in Maui that weekend, but everybody was out last weekend... Bob found a new rear end so he's back racing again too. Gary was out with the whole freakn family, he had 3 racecars their.

Maui was great fun... wish I didn't have to come home, they even had a racetrack about 30 minutes from Lahaina...

I received your new contact information... sounds like you made a job switch... if yes, Congrats !!! [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Hope it works out.

later
Beach Bum

Get notified of new replies

To Whoa, I scored...

Quick Reply: Whoa, I scored...