Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Engine Mods
Reload this Page >

SOS, need torque specs for 95 LT1 head bolts (please advise)

Notices
Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS, need torque specs for 95 LT1 head bolts (please advise)

Old 09-06-2001, 11:13 PM
lcvette
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOS, need torque specs for 95 LT1 head bolts (please advise)

have both hayes for all models of 85-96 and 96 lt4 shop gm manual and the specs are conflicting terribly, i have a 95 LT1 with stock heads and im at 22 ft/lbs now and stuck, the gm lt4 shop manual states to torque to 22 ft/lbs and then turn each different length bolt a certain number of degrees, the hayes for all model years says to torque 92-95 head bolts all to 65 ft/lbs then on the sdame page states that aluminum heads require different torque setting for the different length bolts, im scratching my head and getting very tired but i used sealant on the bolts and need to finish torqueing them to get accurate readings, please advise!!!

thanks guys!!

chris
Old 09-07-2001, 11:47 AM
SPD DMN
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: SOS, need torque specs for 95 LT1 head bolts (lcvette)

Follow the Helms manual, throw away the Hayes. I would look it up to check for you, but my helms manual is at home. I imagine you don't need it anymore anyway though.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Dennis Carter

Default Hello

Originally Posted by SPD DMN View Post
Follow the Helms manual, throw away the Hayes. I would look it up to check for you, but my helms manual is at home. I imagine you don't need it anymore anyway though.
I know this is old, but do you still have those torque specs????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SOS, need torque specs for 95 LT1 head bolts (please advise)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: