Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

why can't I use mustang superchargers for my car (centrifugal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default why can't I use mustang superchargers for my car (centrifugal)

I understand the centrifugal superchargers are set up w/ the correct pully to match serpentine rotation and the charger may be set to run to the cfm of the mustang but why can't I make my own bracket, bend my own flex intake pipe, and replace the pully to what I see fit and then incorperate it into my C4 L98? 10psi of boost is 10psi... what do I care how I get it? Ill hook up a leaf blower in my passenger seat if I have to. I'm not talking about 25psi on a 1000hp engine, just 10psi on mildly modified L98.

I can get a stage 1 vortech used off a mustang forum for like 600 bucks. Beats saving forever for a procharger when I could spend that 5K on a crate engine w/ more hp starting off or new heads/cam

I know about checking for rotation (clockwise/counter), and will it "fit" under the hood w/ out bumping.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
MLCZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you take parts off a ford and put them on a chevy..

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
I understand the centrifugal superchargers are set up w/ the correct pully to match serpentine rotation and the charger may be set to run to the cfm of the mustang but why can't I make my own bracket, bend my own flex intake pipe, and replace the pully to what I see fit and then incorperate it into my C4 L98? 10psi of boost is 10psi... what do I care how I get it? Ill hook up a leaf blower in my passenger seat if I have to. I'm not talking about 25psi on a 1000hp engine, just 10psi on mildly modified L98.

I can get a stage 1 vortech used off a mustang forum for like 600 bucks. Beats saving forever for a procharger when I could spend that 5K on a crate engine w/ more hp starting off or new heads/cam

I know about checking for rotation (clockwise/counter), and will it "fit" under the hood w/ out bumping.

IF WILL SLOW THE VETTE DOWN...............:yesn od:
Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
ZD1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

head units are 600-2000, the rest of the cost of the kit is for bracket, tuning/fuel, and design.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

A tiny stang super charger is on 4.6 liter motor. It might be able to make many psi on a 5.7 liter
Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

vortech has a half a dozen sizes starting with S-trim
Procharger is basically the same head unit

Make sure that the unit you get has the correct rotation. on C5-6 vettes..the unit is installed on the pasenger side. i believe looking at it from the air intake side it is counter clockwise...

Get notified of new replies

To why can't I use mustang superchargers for my car (centrifugal)

Quick Reply: why can't I use mustang superchargers for my car (centrifugal)