Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Edlebrock eForce Superchargers C6 - LS 2&3's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 03:37 PM
poppadom
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edlebrock eForce Superchargers C6 - LS 2&3's

Has anyone either experienced or is aware of significant problems encountered with the Edlebrock eForce Superchargers installed on C6's with either the LS2 or LS 3 engines? Any information either favorable or unfavorable will be greatly appreciated. I would appreciate facts relating to the Edlebrock only as opposed to opinions comparing or favoring other setups. Thanks and I look forward to your inputs.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:09 PM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by poppadom
Has anyone either experienced or is aware of significant problems encountered with the Edlebrock eForce Superchargers installed on C6's with either the LS2 or LS 3 engines? Any information either favorable or unfavorable will be greatly appreciated. I would appreciate facts relating to the Edlebrock only as opposed to opinions comparing or favoring other setups. Thanks and I look forward to your inputs.
I just added one to my 2012 C6. It's only a couple of weeks old, but no problems that I can tell. I'll update this thread if anything does pop up...but so far so good!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:30 PM
poppadom
Cruising

Originally Posted by BigMonkey73
I just added one to my 2012 C6. It's only a couple of weeks old, but no problems that I can tell. I'll update this thread if anything does pop up...but so far so good!
Thanks - so far mine has been trouble free as well.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:56 PM
lvestobwyked2336
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a install of one of these on my 2010 mustang...Very good kit!! But you have to get it retuned from a reputable tuner...the tune that they send you is a 50 state tune thats how they get the CARB cert...Trust me very conservative......Get it retuned and they can open it up more than edelbrock...
Old 04-27-2016, 03:55 PM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

An update about the eForce. The supercharger itself has been fine, no issues.

HOWEVER, the extra heat that this thing brings with it is ...a lot. This is a common problem with "roots" type blowers I've recently discovered. A centri type blower evidently doesn't have the same issues.

If I had known this before the install, I would have chosen to go with a centrifugal SC...something like a YSI + meth injection

Last edited by BigMonkey73; 04-27-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:28 AM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Fix

Originally Posted by BigMonkey73
An update about the eForce. The supercharger itself has been fine, no issues.

HOWEVER, the extra heat that this thing brings with it is ...a lot. This is a common problem with "roots" type blowers I've recently discovered. A centri type blower evidently doesn't have the same issues.

If I had known this before the install, I would have chosen to go with a centrifugal SC...something like a YSI + meth injection

So what is the fix for this issue ??
Old 04-30-2016, 10:01 AM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by corvette312
So what is the fix for this issue ??
More money. Meth Injection reduces heat in the engine and helps with heat soak.

I added an external oil cooler and that brought down oil temps 30+ degrees. Also plan to add bigger radiator with integrated transmission cooler.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:11 PM
4thandtwentysix
Cruising

how hot do you run? I am looking at this upgrade too
Old 06-28-2016, 05:17 PM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '15

On the street, usually no problems if you do put it to the floor now and then. The heat issues I'm referring to, however, are all track related where I'm in boost for the most part of 20+ minutes for a road race.

Before I added oil cooler, temps would get very near 300 for oil. Coolant temps 250+, sometimes 260.

After oil cooler, don't see very often above 250..maybe 260. That's safe enough for me.

After meth injection, heat soak no longer an issue and power is consistent. Coolant temps don't go above 230ish anymore.

The external oil cooler and meth kit are definitely must haves if you intend to road race.

I still will add a Dewitt's radiator, but no combo trans cooler since that will take away from what the radiator is intended to do. Manual transmissions evidently don't really need any external cooling as long as the oil is kept fresh..should be good to go.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:52 PM
camaro75racer
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Know a couple local guys with these and also a few with the ECS 1500 kit and the ECS cars run MUCH better. Cars are much stronger and havent had the heat issues. If i decide to got blower on my 08 it will be the ECS kit for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Edlebrock eForce Superchargers C6 - LS 2&3's

Quick Reply: Edlebrock eForce Superchargers C6 - LS 2&3's