Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Looking for the name of a gauge manifacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Dusky
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Looking for the name of a gauge manifacturer

Hi guys!

A year ( maybe 2) ago I saw a kind of engine monitoring kit on the classic mustang forums ( didn't have a corvette back then, blasphemy!:p )
If I recall right the kit replaced all sensors in the engine and you could follow everything on your smartphone.
There was a lot of info that got logged too. I think you could even see ethanol content in fuel etc. Would love to find the name of this company, or something similar. Looks like a cool project to do for my c3. But dementia struck so I forgot the name and can't really find something via google.

Tia!
Dusky
Old 12-23-2017, 09:39 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 840 Likes on 656 Posts

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...better-driver/

Anything here ring a bell ? May depend on what year your C3 is to make it happen.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:14 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 136 Posts

www.plxdevices.com has sensors that you can view on your smartphone. They don't necessarily replace the factory sensors, but that's probably possible with some of them.

They make nice gauges too, with graphical displays rather than just a needle and painted numbers. But you need an ancient Windows XP laptop to configure them, which is kind of a hassle.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Dusky
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
www.plxdevices.com has sensors that you can view on your smartphone. They don't necessarily replace the factory sensors, but that's probably possible with some of them.

They make nice gauges too, with graphical displays rather than just a needle and painted numbers. But you need an ancient Windows XP laptop to configure them, which is kind of a hassle.
Dingdingding Jackpot!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for the name of a gauge manifacturer

Quick Reply: Looking for the name of a gauge manifacturer