Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Speed Shop Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Sniper_97
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Speed Shop Reviews

Just asking to see if anyone recommends a particular speed shop for extensive engine modifications. I'm trying to decide between RPM in Delaware and Vengeance in Georgia. Of course, if anyone else has had a very positive experience with another shop, please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hi Sniper:
Hopefully by now you have received the information you were looking for, but if not, I would simply say I have heard good things about both of these shops and do not recall hearing any negatives about either one. Not sure where you live, but I would suggest the shop closest to you. One option is to first drive to the shop, meet the owner, tell him what you are looking for out of your engine mods, have them show you around the shop and make sure you feel comfortable with them. They should be able to provide information on "befores and afters" of comparable engine work they have done. If after that you are feeling good, pull the trigger!
Old 02-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Sniper_97
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Route99
Hi Sniper:
Hopefully by now you have received the information you were looking for, but if not, I would simply say I have heard good things about both of these shops and do not recall hearing any negatives about either one. Not sure where you live, but I would suggest the shop closest to you. One option is to first drive to the shop, meet the owner, tell him what you are looking for out of your engine mods, have them show you around the shop and make sure you feel comfortable with them. They should be able to provide information on "befores and afters" of comparable engine work they have done. If after that you are feeling good, pull the trigger!
I'm moving to Florida. Right now I'm in SC. I'm still looking. I definitely will go visit the shops that I decide to ask for a quote. Right now, I'm very much leaning towards Katech

Get notified of new replies

To Speed Shop Reviews

Quick Reply: Speed Shop Reviews