F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

1986 IROC FS make offer, must go, college bills!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:40 PM
1970judge
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1986 IROC FS make offer, must go, college bills!

6000$ or make offer!!!

1986 Red/red Iroc-Z 355ci SBC/forged GM crank, GM rods, Forged Speedpro pistons
Motor was built by Xtreme Horsepower in Ft Worth. The Heads are Latemodel 305 heads ported by hand by XHP flowed 226 CFM. Compression is around 10.5:1. Has Heddman Long tube headers, the TPI system is still there but needs to come off in favor of a carb setup. The cam is 224/230 comp shelf grind. I have a Victror Jr, manifold and will finish assembling the setup for an extra price. Some of the interior was removed as well as the ac heater radio and window switches. My intent was a race car but college classes say otherwise. I have all pieces to put it back together the guage cluster fried on say so I only have 3 (aftermarket gauges) and no dash now. I can cut the orig dash to fit where my gauges are or you can fix it. It is about a 20 footer paint wise. Most of the car shines up nice but the hood/front bumper/rear deck and bumper are peeling or faded. The body is about a 5/10 nothing major but a lot of waves in the doors. T-top car auto. Transmission is a built 700r4 by ACE racing transmissions in NRH, TX. Car has a 7.90 pass in it with a carb with some stickies, will go lower with suspension. I just don’t have the money to build a race car. Will be a good sleeper race car/all out race car/ or restore the paint and interior make it a show car. I have 7500k+ sunk into it right now more if I carb it. My goal would be 6500$ to get out of it as it sits. I would really love to finish this and race it but I just don’t have the time. This next semester is a big deal for my major and will use up a lot of my time and I cant let it sit til December. It needs little to go racin, a carb,manifold,distributor and min starter is all it needs to be raceable. I hate to see it go but I have had zero time to work on it. The motor probably has 100niles-150 on it trans is the same. It will require a trailer to pick it up because the TPI really doesn’t like the cam. It either needs a carb setup or a smaller cam to run correctly. I start it up and drive it around the block every other day or so. I have hundreds of pictures just let me know and I will get it for you. I also have all the parts to put it back together. If you want to return it to stock. I can be reached at 817-791-2428

Trans: Trans-Go HD-2 TH700R4 reprogramming kit
Alto Red wide band
Borg Warner dual cage input sprag
H/D low reverse one way roller clutch
Beast Sunshell
Borg Warner High Energy 3-4 clutches... 7
Wide rear sungear bushing
Updated lubrication modifications

Quick Reply: 1986 IROC FS make offer, must go, college bills!