F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

GM Camaro

Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
firemon
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

In a few years you once again see camaros on every street cornor, and there will be heards of camaros in every rental car parking lot , you wont be able to drive for more than 5 miles without seeing one. kind of like the new mustang now, a good looking car but just too many of them. thats one of the great things about a c6 you just dont see a lot of them
Old 08-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off,
The bumble Bee Camaro in the TF Movie was a GTO body that they used to make the camaro out of. Yes Salen was allowed to do the work.

As of right now GM only has 3 known Concept cars in working order that travel the world (that does NOT including the TF Bumblebee there are 2 of those known to be out there)

As for the Price of the Camaro you will most likely be looking at around 33-35k for the top of the model car & IT WILL MOST LIKELY NOT HAVE a LS2 in it. Most likely have the LS7 in it which is currently in the newer vettes.

Remember The Camaro is a 4 seater Vette.Slightly lower in power (even though with out the air restrictions the vette has a hard time beating the camaro, this was proven in 92 when they were testing the LT1s in the Camaro they didnt restrict the air & the Camaro slightly beat the vette, so the Vette guys told them they have to do something to slow down the car or they wouldnt get the engine)

if you guys go check out some of the other sites like www.Camaroz28.com or www.z28.com & look up FBodfather & listen to him you will find out as much as anyone else knows about the new Camaro.

For those who dont know who he is His name is Scott Settlemire, He use to be the Asst Brand Manager for Camaro, Firebird & Corvette. Now he works for GM as a Specialiy Events & shows along with working with Hummer. He still is highly involved with the Camaro & hasnt let any of us down so far. He tells the truth (as much as he can & is a straight forward guy)

I happen to own not only camaros(we currently own 4 camaros) but a vette & have owned vettes for many years, 85 gold vette, 90 white vette & currently own a 00 FRC NBlue vette.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

[QUOTE=Iroczlover;1561670723]First off,
The bumble Bee Camaro in the TF Movie was a GTO body that they used to make the camaro out of. Yes Salen was allowed to do the work.

As of right now GM only has 3 known Concept cars in working order that travel the world (that does NOT including the TF Bumblebee there are 2 of those known to be out there)(QUOTE)

There are only 2 Concepts in working order. The 1st one was silver and the 2nd one was the orange convertible. The red one does not work and has to be pushed around. I have seen all three of them and also saw Bumblebee in Detroit early this month.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Stingray_RSSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Don LT-1
Sorry - We don't care. It's a Camaro.
Sorry to disagree but some of us DO care......

Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Red99SS
Team Owner

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Don LT-1
Sorry - We don't care. It's a Camaro.
Ahh, every time I get close to wanting to upgrade the SS for a C5, it's posts like these that remind me I don't want to be classified as a "Corvette owner."
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
JTKzVette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Red99SS
Ahh, every time I get close to wanting to upgrade the SS for a C5, it's posts like these that remind me I don't want to be classified as a "Corvette owner."
Don't let comments like that one sway your decision or your opinion of Corvette owners for that matter. That guy is the exception, not the rule. My first car was a '77 Camaro Type LT, light blue with white interior. I still love Camaros and am eager to test drive the next gen. If I had more disposable income, I'd have a 1st gen Camaro parked next to my C6.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
superstreet
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Stingray_RSSS
Sorry to disagree but some of us DO care......

Nice stable!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Buceman
Intermediate

[QUOTE=sscamaro;1561674558][QUOTE=Iroczlover;1561670723]First off,

It was a GTO that they fit the camaro body to.

This is a movie prop, so it in no way necessarily indicates how the production Camaro will drive. In fact it has more in common with the just-discontinued, Aussie-made Pontiac GTO because under all that plastic there is a GTO — pulled straight out of GM's engineering R&D fleet. This feat is in itself nearly as impressive a feat of fabrication as any production car. And this car drives well. In fact it even did its own stunts.

for the rest of the articale
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121044

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM Camaro