F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

How do I 100 % disable my onstar ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
G Alex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I 100 % disable my onstar ?

Hey all,

I have an 07 Z-51 with nav and onstar. I know I can be tracked and I know my car can "talk" to onstar even though I dont pay for any service with them. I have had a few techs for Chevy tell me that in the next yr or so the bigwigs at GM will start looking for ways to void warrantys by seeing your car run quarter mile passes etc...

I would like to totally disable my onstar. I dont want an opportunity for anyone to listen in on my conversation etc... I lived in a large city at one time and the local news station did a report on video cameras and the monitoring of them. They found that they were being abused and some of the people watching them were following pretty women from place to place and NOT looking for suspicious activity which is what the cameras were installed for. One "security " guy actually killed his girlfriend after witnessing her leave a bar with another guy while he was "at work". He followed her using the citys cameras and then left work.

Anyway, I am a business man and dont do anything I would be afraid for anyone to hear, see etc... but I feel that it is MY CAR and I dont want to think for a second that someone at onstar is bored and just clicks in to listen to my conversation. I have never run from the police and never intend to but I would still like the option if I ever chose to. The fact that I can be shut down like a light switch in my own car is ludicrous to me.

So does anyone know how to totally disable the onstar system, microphone and all ? I would really appreciate it. Please save me the, "they have better things to do" and what a "out there person I am to think someone would do such things" as that is not what this thread is about, I want to know how to disable. If someone could help me out, I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Corvette69w427
Melting Slicks

Try posting in the C6 section or the general Off topic section (not F-Body specific)
Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You could probably pull the fuse to it and disable it.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

F-bodies never got OnStar, so I suggest going to the C6 section.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
G Alex
Racer

my bad, it was late..er I mean early when I posted. sooorry

Last edited by G Alex; 01-07-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I 100 % disable my onstar ?