F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

What is it worth? 1969 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:52 PM
c213854
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it worth? 1969 Camaro

I am looking at this car and was wondering what the car is worth. Sorry I dont have any pics I should be getting them in the next day or two.

Here is what the guy said needed to be done.

Windshield, the water squirters, the washer jar with bracket and hoses, hood insulation with clips for a cowl induction steel hood, emblems( front and rear bumpers with nuts. over flow bottle for radiator, all four tires, right side door weather strip( I broke it when I was installing), window cranks(4), glove box insert with striker, a lock set( trunk, doors, glove box), the door locks came with the car that are in the doors ) set of arm rest screws( 2 ), set of visor screws( 6 ), set of rear view mirror screws( 3 ), both door inside lock funnels, one left seat ( I have two right seats one is covered and one is in good condition that is the one that Iam using for the left, have the left seat covers in the box )

And here is the description of the car.

The car is a 1969 Camaro Hugger Orange, standard black interior, with 1967 console and a B&M quarter stick auto shifter, aftermarket three gauge cluster with housing, a monster tach along side of the steering collum, all the interior is new or refurbished( I have the new door panels). A pioneer system is in the car. All lights work, standard egg crate grill, all four rims are progressive solid alum. back are 15x9.5 and front are 14x5. The whole car is lowered about 2 inches. Drum brakes( have the 67 Z28 disc brakes but they have to be rebuilt ) 454 nothing special but runs extremely well, It has a big cap HEI distributor, team G alum. intake, AFB 625 carb, the guy that I bought the stock engine said that it had flat top pistons and 30 over bore. He stepped up the cam but it is still hydraulic, never looked inside the engine. 2" headman headers, mini torque starter, 2.5 steel exhaust with dynomax turbos exiting behind the rear tires. 350 automatic transmission with a raybestos racing kit and drum,a huge tranny cooler,I have a stock torque convertor in place. brass 4 row radiator with two electric fans.The only power option is steering, no a/c, no power windows. Factory 69 Z28 cowl induction steel hood, A 69 Chevelle12 bolt posi with a 4:10 gear, multi leaf springs out of a 69 Z28 with lakewood real traction bars, neoprene bushings with shackle kit. The body sit on alum. bushings.New rubbers all the way around but the right side door. The body and frame are excellent shape for the year. I started this project in March of 1989 and have been working on the car ever since. I bought it with no interior, no rear end, no wiring, all the glass was broke. I started with just a body. I have $ 15000.00 in to it. I have the FL. title in my name free and clear.

Thanks for the help.
Dennis
Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

Im dont understand about the 67 z28 brakes when the Z came out in 69. Who knows. MAybe Im missreading it. It may help to get the tag off the firewall on the drivers side. The tag, if its the correct one, will hold most of the info that will help determine a base worth and deduct or add what needs to be or has already been done it. You may have to look real hard cause its probably been painted over like alot of them have. just my 2 pennies worth
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM
ktchir
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomsws6
Im dont understand about the 67 z28 brakes when the Z came out in 69. Who knows. MAybe Im missreading it. It may help to get the tag off the firewall on the drivers side. The tag, if its the correct one, will hold most of the info that will help determine a base worth and deduct or add what needs to be or has already been done it. You may have to look real hard cause its probably been painted over like alot of them have. just my 2 pennies worth
the Z28 was available in 67 and 68...the name Z28 comes from the RPO Z28
Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 AM
plaster
Melting Slicks

$10k, unless it just sparkles. Sounds like a ragged out drag car.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:54 AM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ktchir
the Z28 was available in 67 and 68...the name Z28 comes from the RPO Z28
Interesting. I thought 69 was the first yr for the z28 model.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 AM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

I stand corrected...

"The Z/28 option code was introduced in December 1966 for the 1967 model year. It was the brainchild of Vince Piggins, who conceived offering "virtually race-ready" Camaros for sale from any Chevrolet dealer.[1] This option package was not mentioned in any sales literature, so it was unknown to most buyers.[2] The Z/28 option required power front disc brakes and a Muncie 4-speed manual transmission. It featured a 302 cu in (4.9 L) small-block V-8 engine, 3" crankshaft with 4" bore, an aluminum intake manifold, and a 4-barrel vacuum secondary Holley carburetor of 780 cfm. The engine was designed specifically to race in the Trans Am series (which required engines smaller than 305 cu in (5 L) and public availability of the car. Advertised power of this engine was listed at 290 hp (216 kW). This is an under-rated figure.[2] Chevrolet wanted to keep the horsepower rating at less than 1 hp per cubic inch, for various reasons (e.g. insurance and racing classes). The factory rating of 290 hp occurred at 5300 rpm, while actual peak for the high-revving 302 was closer to 360 hp (268 kW) (with the single four barrel carb) and 400 hp (298 kW) (with optional dual-four barrel carbs) at 6800-7000 rpm. The Z/28 also came with upgraded suspension, racing stripes on the hood and trunk lid, '302' front fender emblems on the early cars, and 'Z/28' emblems in late 68 & 69. It was also possible to combine the Z/28 package with the RS package."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrol...rst_generation)

Get notified of new replies

To What is it worth? 1969 Camaro

Quick Reply: What is it worth? 1969 Camaro