F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Repainting My Motion Stinger Hood

Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Ratgirl
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repainting My Motion Stinger Hood

Okay I need some seriously seasoned painters to help me out ASAP!!!! 5 years ago my husband painted my MOTION hood and I striped the stinger on my 67 Camaro convertible just by winging it and I nailed it!!!! I have since sold that one and bought another one a different color. After 15 spray outs and almost driving Finishmasters insane trying to match the existing color they got it!!! Now....The existing hood was painted then I laid out the stinger, painted it and cleared over the whole hood. Repeating the process painting the entire hood again how can I possibly keep some sort of something visible so I can use the existing stinger layout? Not using anybody's stencils because the line spacing is so critical and the stencils are all over the board. He's starting paint today. I have pictures of my hood in my albums. Thank you in advance for any advice!!!! I'm worse than **** about my hood and my sweet husband is really just about put out with me.. Lol!!! We made a paint booth on one side of our shop garage and I just came in and took over sealing up every seam on the plastic with spray adhesive and duct tape-even cleaned all the light fixtures so there wouldn't be any dust on them. I just don't want trash in my paint!!!

Search this Thread