F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

1996 Camaro LS1/T56 8.50

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Fixed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1996 Camaro LS1/T56 8.50

This is my build that I am about to wrap up and put on the market. My Dad and I have done most of this ourselves. It has been engineered to for easy upgrades and maintenance . Most of the parts are new, and the ones that werent are out of a 1999 60k mile donor car. Here are the details

1996 Camaro
LS1/T56 combo - 60k miles
Power steering, Manual brakes, Crank windows, Manual locks, Vic Jr Headers, Typhoon intake, NX throttle body, Hurst Billet Plus,

Here is the car. It was a shell when I first got it something like 9 years ago lol

1/3 sub-frame connectors were box welded into the car. We added plates to plates and gussets to make everything stronger and tie into itself.

The Torq arm mount is tied into the sub-frame connectors. Plates were added above the coil overs. It Got a Full Tubular BMR double adjustable supspension with the Extreme Torq Arm and drag style sway bar. The Rear end is a narrowed 9 in with a drain plug and fill cap. It has big single pisted calipers. The stock fuel tank just has a level sensor in it. The tank has a pick up added at the bottom, and the A1000 fuel pump is in the trunk for easy access.

The battery didnt end up in the trunk.

We put a 10 point cage in it that we brought all the way into the trunk, and tied into the shock supports, sub-frame connectors, and bent around the door panels. It is not certified for 3years to 8.50. Yes, I put a Pontiac dash in it, because of ease of mounting gauges and, I like them better.

We have done a nice bolt on ls1/t56 build that will be a great reliable street car. Someone else can put BIG HP in it if they want.

This is the front and rear brake set up. It has LS1 front brakes. The brake line was run across the fire wall, so the motor and trans can be pulled without disconnecting a brake line.

Some more shots and close to how it is now

It has a green door, because I hate the window motors in these cars, and I put manual doors on it.

Most likely it is getting painted Hot Rod black. It is easy to maintain, and can be painted over like a primer. Ill post more as it gets done.

Quick Reply: 1996 Camaro LS1/T56 8.50